Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MYLR Blue/White/19/5 on Tuesday. It was cold & windy in Cleveland, so I couldn't inspect it as closely as I would have preferred, but everything looks great! :D Before I left the SC on my 200-mile drive home, I asked one of the SAs why they received so many of the inventory vehicles. She said it's because they have a huge lot. I asked if it had anything to do with the CSX railroad hub nearby, but she said they all arrive by truck from Chicago.

I've been spending most of my free time installing the accessories I've been accumulating (floor mats, wheel covers, mud flaps, swivel screen mount, S3XY buttons, pedal covers), but haven't had time to take pictures - I'll post after the weather clears (hopefully tomorrow).

I had to stop once at a Supercharger on the way home and took on more KWh in 15 minutes there than in 48 hours with my 110v mobile adapter after I got home. I called a local electrician for an estimate and was pleasantly surprised that it would cost only $195 to install a hardwired EVSE. (It helps that I want it installed right next to the service panel in the garage.) I ordered an EVSE from Amazon and will have it installed next week.

Well after some bugging of the SA. The car has been at the rail yard then just arrived at the STL service center yesterday. And for some reason they said it will take a couple week to get another truck to bring it down to the Oklahoma service center where I scheduled it for delivery. I am guessing car transport trucks are just backlogged.

bae9a2be-8e7c-465a-9a69-3b633d96f3b3.jpg

Hey, I am from St.Louis and thought of giving you a context. Please find a picture of a parking lot in front of an old mall in St. Louis. These is like a temporary holding location. Its probably 3 or 4 files from the showroom. I spoke to the truck driver. He said there are 2 locations in St.Louis they are using for this (not the show room). It seems trucks are being brought from Chicago(and probably other places) and then unloaded and loaded here to go to Oklahoma. I am not very sure how the process works but the driver confirmed that he was taking those cars to Oklahoma.

Reactions: Garlock
Called local service center for early delivery and they mentioned car reached today morning and I can pick today if available. Reserved appointment for today @4:30pm. Will update here once delivery is taken on how it went. Hope everything goes fine :)
Took delivery today at 5pm PST here at So cal. It was an Austin build. Build quality was amazing, I could only find couple of minor paint chips, I will schedule delivery for those issues. But overall it was very seamless process. It hardly took more than 10 mins inside the dealership for them to get some papers signed and showed the car to me. Inspected for 15-20 mins and happily drove home. Suspension was great. Car was very smooth. Loved the sentry mode feature. Overall happy after the purchase. This group has been very helpful, thank you all.

View attachment 913625

Hey, I am from St.Louis and thought of giving you a context. Please find a picture of a parking lot in front of an old mall in St. Louis. These is like a temporary holding location. Its probably 3 or 4 files from the showroom. I spoke to the truck driver. He said there are 2 locations in St.Louis they are using for this (not the show room). It seems trucks are being brought from Chicago(and probably other places) and then unloaded and loaded here to go to Oklahoma. I am not very sure how the process works but the driver confirmed that he was taking those cars to Oklahoma.
Didn't happen to see a blue/white being loaded did you? My delivery is still set for March 15th and the car has been in St. Louis since last Monday.

My wait is almost over. Got a vin this morning. And delivery set for next week. 🥳
It moved up almost a month from original timeline. There is hope yet for folks waiting to get your delivery in March

Model Y Long range - BLUE with WHITE interior

OD: 02/03/2023
EDD: March to May
EDD1: 04/07 to 05/19
EDD2 04/05 to 05/10

EDD3: Got vin and delivery date update today 3/4/23 early morning

Didn't happen to see a blue/white being loaded did you? My delivery is still set for March 15th and the car has been in St. Louis since last Monday.
:) This picture was from a week and a half ago. May be i should go and check for your blue ModelY :) Just hang in there. Its only 11 more days, right?
BTW, when I placed an order to pickup MYLR from KC (which I ended up cancelling) they said 2 weeks as well.

My wait is almost over. Got a vin this morning. And delivery set for next week. 🥳
It moved up almost a month from original timeline. There is hope yet for folks waiting to get your delivery in March

Model Y Long range - BLUE with WHITE interior

OD: 02/03/2023
EDD: March to May
EDD1: 04/07 to 05/19
EDD2 04/05 to 05/10

EDD3: Got vin and delivery date update today 3/4/23 early morning
That's awesome! Someone who was picking up at your SC must have cancelled their order or something for you to get it so quickly.

Reactions: fightinghippo
My 4th EDD was just updated at 9AM and changed from 3/5 - 3/31 to 3/14 - 3/31, which is a good indicator that I'll receive a VIN soon. After reading some posts yesterday about folks with January orders getting EDD's updated to April/May, I was afraid that is what my update was going to be this morning. Just like most of you, my goal is to secure the $7,500 FTC.

Reactions: chobra
My 4th EDD was just updated at 9AM and changed from 3/5 - 3/31 to 3/14 - 3/31, which is a good indicator that I'll receive a VIN soon. After reading some posts yesterday about folks with January orders getting EDD's updated to April/May, I was afraid that is what my update was going to be this morning. Just like most of you, my goal is to secure the $7,500 FTC.
Mine updated to the narrow window on February 22 (3/20–3/31). No vin so far.