Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jebinc’s Plaid Vibration Experiment Results!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My vibration is about 80% improved in track mode. Have we made Tesla aware of the fact Track Mode improves vibrational issues?

It’s kinda silly to have this problem plague 1000s of Teslas for years and have it be improved dramatically in a mode that is limited for track use. 😒 Tesla should be working on an update to make whatever is helping to reduce the vibration apart of normal drive modes.

This thread should be brought to Tesla’s attention. ⚠️
So, in track mod, you have to slide the bias toggle all the way to “rear”. That eliminates the vibration 100% in all cases where people have done that. Of course, this isn’t a permanent solution, but proves it’s not from half shaft wear. You would be the first case to report “this” vibration still exists when sliding the bias all the way to rear when in track mode. So, are you the first?

@WilliamG

I'm still running with the vibrating shafts that were replaced in November, 2021. I would love to get new shaft's again, but Tesla will no longer work on the car as they now consider this vibration "normal, no repairs recommended at this time".
Would you still purchase a new Plaid given your current situation/ if you knew about the vibrations? Now that the Plaid is going for like $90k sticker, i'm thinking about getting one. Thoughts?

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Would you still purchase a new Plaid given your current situation/ if you knew about the vibrations? Now that the Plaid is going for like $90k sticker, i'm thinking about getting one. Thoughts?

Of course I would buy one and most people should not hesitate unless they have childhood trauma from vibrations.

I have one it vibrates and it doesn’t matter at all. There are a few people with vibrations and for those the vibrations to cause them tremendous suffering. They would be much better selling their Tesla and buying something else.

Although who knows?! Maybe they already tried MB, BMW and Audi. . . .

Of course I would buy one and most people should not hesitate unless they have childhood trauma from vibrations.

I have one it vibrates and it doesn’t matter at all. There are a few people with vibrations and for those the vibrations to cause them tremendous suffering. They would be much better selling their Tesla and buying something else.

Although who knows?! Maybe they already tried MB, BMW and Audi. . . .

Though, my dodge neon srt4, Roadster, P90DL, and M3P didn't vibrate.

Reactions: jebinc
I'm not putting 19s on my Plaid
Yeah, the right 19s look terrible. But, with these crappy 19s I also don’t get the nice 21” front tire skipping benefit when trying to turn when it’s cold, or the premature rear inner tire wear due to excessive negative camber, either. Oh well, sucks to run 19s. 🤣

IMG_1958.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

Which wheels are those? They look great!

Did you go with the same size as stock, or did you go square (i.e. non-staggered)?

Also, did you note any change in energy consumption or range with these wheels compared to the stock wheels?
These are Signature SV104s. Stock size, offset and tires (Pirellis). These wheels are mono block forged. Super light and strong - this only improves things.

If you go this route, you can probably negotiate (off line) a better price than list…. Mine also have the beadlock knurl.

You get what you pay for. Want cheap, go cast or flow forged, which is just cast, rebranded to sound better. DM the guy on TMC for a price, if interested. .
If I were buying my car again, I think I'd get the 19s stock and then order the track pack. The track pack 20 wheels look good for a reasonable price. I'd probably put Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on the 20s after burning through the stock rubber. I'd put some all seasons or winter tires on the stock 19s.