Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jolt EV charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SOC was quite high… how did i go?

IMG_9416.jpeg

I pretty much ran out of room for electrons.

If my calculations are correct, with a 20min stop every day i wouldnt need too much more for my daily commute.. maybe a solar top up on a weekend.. might be worth looking at the 10kw a day plan and keeping soc lower. I chickened out at 6.95kw on my first attempt!

IMG_9418.jpeg

Advertising
And they must get some $$$ from operating the street transformers??

Advertising. On the actual charger and in the app itself when you start the session.
Ha the advertising might work for the cars that nose up to the cabinet, ohh i guess passing traffic..

I must admit i was watching the app pretty closely to finish by 7kw haha. Dont recall what was being advertised tho, then again im really good at ignoring it.

Yeah it's basically the rights to operate a billboard.

Like those companies that provide bus shelters for free, in return for being able to bung ads on them.
Cool thanks, bring them on, what an awesome idea!
Makes sense now that i note where they are situated in adelaide, lots of traffic going by.

I mentioned it to a few non-ev owners and they had seen the advertising on them but not known they were also ev chargers which is ok too!

Which is why the ACT banning Jolt from operating there, after initially awarding them a contract to deploy charging stations, was so “amusing”. Did they not look at any photos of existing Jolt chargers before awarding them a contract? 🤔🤣
Couldnt the ACT Govt use the JOLT charging billboards to advertise how much of an awesome job they are doing running the Nations Capital?

SAHealth have ads on the Bus stop billboards here which is kinda ironic if you have ever been on a bus in Adelaide...

Im pretty sure i saw an advert on the Oaklands Park charger this morning while i was waiting at the lights but i didn't recognize the business..

Couldnt the ACT Govt use the JOLT charging billboards to advertise how much of an awesome job they are doing running the Nations Capital?

SAHealth have ads on the Bus stop billboards here which is kinda ironic if you have ever been on a bus in Adelaide...

Im pretty sure i saw an advert on the Oaklands Park charger this morning while i was waiting at the lights but i didn't recognize the business..

They would almost certainly get some 'free' advertising time - eg, there's some in commuter car parks that display Transport material.

Photo taken at Penrith the week of 'opening'

IMG_2215.jpeg

(for more context, here's a development application for a LED Digital Sign at St Peters from the end of last year
Digital Signage and Monopole – Sydney Park Rd, Erskineville (DA 23/14504) | Department of Planning Housing and Infrastructure. Appendix 6 states

This public benefit for Sydney Trains, TfNSW and emergency services to access digital screens to provide instantaneous messaging to Sydney Trains users is a significant component of the digital program to provide a benefit to the public in certain locations around Sydney. In addition, Sydney Trains may also access the digital screens for up to 5 minutes per hour for Sydney Trains and TfNSW customer promotions and events at no cost.
I would imagine this would be similar for other advertising boards on government property too)

(this post is my personal views and not that of my employer)