Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jolt EV charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine are all 3 decimals in the email and 2 in the app.
I think you are right. As i was still getting 12kw it was ticking over pretty randomly so i got trigger happy haha

IMG_9645.jpeg

@dronus joins the Jolt 7.00kW club💪
Going to go try my luck again tomorrow.

It would be really nice if the Jolt was on the afternoon outbound side of the road so one doesn’t have to divert, however I’ve also found that consequently I now don’t end up on the sexpressway so going 80 instead of 100+ keeps my consumption lower too..

Looking at the busy times they do get used in the morning, so it’s good that it works for those people. I must jag a quiet window as I haven’t had to wait. There is 2 there so I’ve always been able to use the other one.

I was getting a constant 21kw starting around 70% SOC so there must be a 4kw buffer there, or my ac was using it?

So close. It was still cranking pretty fast about 25kw so I errd on the side of caution

IMG_9774.jpeg

There was a white m3h with 19s at the other charger haha. We are taking over. He didn’t check in to plug share tho (not that u have too)

Roseville NSW Jolt iced.
This is what I did:

There is not enough room for a car to sneak past in that position though I could have closer to the kerb. No parking signs related to where I parked

The power is via the substation up the road and is associated with the power pole next to it

Luckily no one wanted to get out of the carpark during the session. If they did I would have terminated the session, exited the car park and drove round to the entrance again

IMG_3004.jpeg
IMG_3005.jpeg
IMG_3006.jpegIMG_3011.jpegIMG_3012.jpeg

Last edited:
Roseville NSW Jolt iced.
This is what I did:

There is not enough room for a car to sneak past in that position though I could have closer to the kerb. No parking signs related to where I parked

The power is via the substation up the road and is associated with the power pole next to it

Luckily no one wanted to get out of the carpark during the session. If they did I would have terminated the session, exited the car park and drove round to the entrance again

View attachment 1030876
View attachment 1030877
View attachment 1030878View attachment 1030885View attachment 1030888

better than the alternative thing you see firemen do on tv where they smash the windows and feed the hose thru i guess.

It was interesting the other day at the jolt ive been going too, the local bowls club had something on, plus it was about school knock off time so the carpark and the surrounding streets were chock-a-block. Yet no one parked in the 2 Jolt EV bays. I suggest it had something to do with the council down there being ruthless, or i just got lucky and someone had just vacated the charger before i got there.

Yesterday while Jolting it up a PHEV or EV Mitsubishi Pajero looking thing turned up to the other charger. I was wondering what they were doing faffing around parking, they ended up parking paralel to the parking bays, taking up 3 bays as the charge port is on the drivers side and the cable wouldnt reach any other way. Weird as the pictures online show the port on the left.
Then i googled it, it looks like they only have type 2? So they would have have to carry a CCS2 - Type 2 adapter to charge there?

Source: Plug-in Hybrid EV Technology | Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd