Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jolt EV charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would think 1630pm on one day and 1929pm the next day would be more than 24hrs. 50c still appeared.
fair call. mine was 17:45 and 15:30. i wonder if it was some kind of disconnecting issue. I seem to recall i'd stop charging, then went to disconnect and didn't remove the cable properly and the charging started again for a few moments before I was able ot finally stop and disconnect properly. Maybe it was just my user error. I can't recall if this was the time I was charged the $0.50c though.

• Informative
Reactions: Quickst
I noticed for the first time Jolt advertising on buses around here (Canberra).

Now that’s ironic, given last year the ACT initially awarded Jolt grant money to roll out EV chargers then withdrew it a couple of months later because apparently they had no idea the Jolt business model is advertising billboards with some charging cables hanging off the side 🤣.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl and B3AU
Now that’s ironic, given last year the ACT initially awarded Jolt grant money to roll out EV chargers then withdrew it a couple of months later because apparently they had no idea the Jolt business model is advertising billboards with some charging cables hanging off the side 🤣.
Haha I've yet to have the pleasure of using a Jolt charger, but I do remember the whole thing about them winning the bid and then getting quietly removed :)

The Box is a lot larger for a single 22kW charger.
I do agree with the sentiment that it's an eyesore for some people though it is a good fit in certain areas.

I've had a look inside a Jolt, there is space inside to make it smaller.

We live near the Mona Vale Jolts. There was a whopping big substation there previously so if anything the visual impact has been positive. Drove past it four times in the last 18hrs. Definitely beats a petrol station! Glad I never choose or am forced to listen to this Fordham character. Perhaps he also believes all electrical infrastructure should be abolished as well? Perhaps he lights his house with oil lamps?

Apologies for not updating the thread sooner, but Northern Beaches Council last month approved an additional seven Jolt DC charging locations. Full information at: Electric vehicle charging stations - proposed locations June 2023

The locations are:
  • Pittwater Park South carpark, Palm Beach
  • Berry Reserve Carpark, Narrabeen
  • Collaroy Beach Reserve Carpark
  • Civic Centre Carpark, Dee Why
  • Oaks Avenue (cnr The Strand), Dee Why
  • Kempridge Avenue, Seaforth
  • South Steyne, Manly.

Coincidentally, Council is rolling out 7 Intellihub Pole Chargers which are 22kW AC:

"We are one of eight local Councils taking part in the Intellihub EV Streetside Charging Project, which will make EV charging stations more accessible for those who live in apartments, townhouses or units with no on-site EV charging facilities.

Local streetside power poles will be turned into charging stations for electric vehicles, under an Australian-first trial being rolled out by Intellihub. The trial is for 12 months.

We have funding for seven (7) of the 22kW EV chargers.

• Governor Phillip Park, Palm Beach (outside Dunes Palm Beach)
  • Dearin Reserve - opposite 13 Kalinya Street, Newport
  • 15 Coronation Street, Mona Vale
  • Blackbutts Road (opposite Malbara Crescent), Frenchs Forest
  • 9 Anzac Avenue, Collaroy
  • 25-27 Ashburner Street, Manly
  • 4 West Promenade, Manly."
This post probably needs to end up elsewhere as it is not JOLT but very parallel to the JOLTS in the previous post. Actually Ted has added it to the Pole side chargers thread (strictly speaking these are EVSEs and not chargers.....). Very pleased as our Zoe has no public AC charging nearby

Reactions: dronus
Transport for NSW have posted on LinkedIn about a JOLT partnership

⚡ Sydney’s being recharged with new EV stations ⚡

Sydney commuters will be able to charge their electric vehicles more frequently with the installation of up to 50 new EV charging stations.

The Transport for NSW and JOLT partnership will see chargers placed at or nearby popular transport hubs across Sydney.

Today the first charger was switched on at Penrith train station car park, offering greater EV charging options, and more reasons to choose public transport. 🚗⚡

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 17.37.52.png

Media Release - First of 50 electric vehicle chargers switched on at Transport hubs | Transport for NSW

Commuters at selected locations across Sydney will be able to charge their electric vehicles, as part of the rollout of up to 50 chargers at transport hubs.

Transport for NSW Acting Chief Technology and Innovation Officer Kurt Brissett said through an agreement with Australian owned charge point provider JOLT, a fast EV charger has been switched on at Penrith commuter car park, with Cronulla and Oatley chargers to be delivered in coming weeks.

"These chargers will offer commuters a simple top-up option at train stations and other hubs, and we’re confident they’ll be very popular,” Mr Brissett said.

“It is important that we do what we can to support the transition to electric vehicles and encourage public transport use where possible.

“In the last year, EV registrations have risen more than 150 per cent on average across NSW and more than tripled in Penrith. We hope making it easier for drivers to top up charge as part of their commute will encourage this transition.”

JOLT offers drivers a free 7kWh top-up for electric vehicles, or up to approximately 45 kilometres worth of fast charging every day, which takes about 17 minutes, depending on your car.

The chargers use certified GreenPower, meaning they deliver energy directly from renewable sources or through certified offsets and will be a convenient way for drivers to top their charge up for free.

Once users have reached the 7kWh, a cost of $0.46 will apply for each subsequent kilowatt hour. An idle fee of $1.00 per minute is charged to vehicles still plugged in and occupying the space but no longer charging.

Mr Brissett said dozens of fast chargers will be rolled out as part of this agreement over the coming months at commuter car parks and other locations convenient to commuters.

“Motorists across NSW already have access to more than 820 public charging stations, however, these can often be far apart or can take hours to fully charge a standard electric vehicle,” Mr Brissett said.

“Rolling out the JOLT charging network will give motorists confidence knowing that they can quickly top their charge up when and where they need to.”

JOLT CEO Doug McNamee said the roll out of Transport for NSW chargers represents a fantastic expansion of JOLT’s growing number of locations.

“These state-of-the art, fast and free for 7kWh charging stations introduce a gamechanging solution for EV users, resulting in significant cost savings, and allowing them to travel more freely,” Mr McNamee said.

“By using JOLT’s free charging top-ups, EV drivers could save more than $1,000 per year on their charging expenses, making EV ownership even more attractive to people looking for convenient, sustainable, and cost-effective transport choices.

“We’re really encouraging Australians to embrace EV technology, particularly as cost-of living pressures continue to rise.”

The NSW Government has invested $250,000 into the JOLT charger partnership, in addition to $209 million worth of EV infrastructure funding delivered as part of the NSW Government EV strategy.

To find out more about electric vehicles, including charging locations, visit: Electric Vehicles | Transport for NSW

Reactions: moa999
Hmm.. I can't help but think that 25 kW charging isn't a great mix with train stations. Someone drives to the station, plugs in, goes to work all day, but their car is then blocking the charger for 5+ hours?
. An idle fee of $1.00 per minute is charged to vehicles still plugged in and occupying the space but no longer charging. they would have to reduce the amps to avoid the fee- not ideal

Reactions: Hairyman