Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jumping the line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I just read an article on Electrek stating single motor first then dual motor then tri-motor. I’d have thought the other way around—which is disappointing.

It appears the article was updated in Sept 2020.
Tesla Cybertruck: Price, release date, range, etc - Electrek
That article has the dates backwards. If you go to Tesla's website, it says single motor will be late 2022 and dual motor and tri motor will be late 2021.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201010-063819_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201010-063819_Chrome.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20201010-063814_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201010-063814_Chrome.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20201010-063803_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201010-063803_Chrome.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 36
Folks, a friendly bit of advice.

Trying to game your place in the reservation line is a fools errand. Looking for constant updates and information, while understandable, is a waste of energy and only leads to high levels of anxiety. (Trust me, I went through 30 months of it waiting for my Model 3.) Nearly drove me crazy.

My advice is to forget you ever made the reservation. Get a hobby. Get a new girlfriend. Something. Just put it out of your mind. Before you know it that giant rolling wedge of heaven will be in your garage and all will be well.

Dan

Except the CT is going to be made in Texas, not California. Tesla gave Roadster owners early access to the Model S but after that it's been on their own algorithms. Highest profit margin, shortest shipping times, configurations for which they have the parts on hand, etc.

After they do all of that segmentation, then they will assign cars based on reservation order.

So come on in, the water's fine :)
Previous owners did get some priority on their previous introductions. I believe S owners could get an X faster than non-owners although I wanted several months before I got my X. But I do recall getting my 3 faster than most other people because of owner priority and proximity to the factory.

• Helpful
Reactions: lottadot and Zer0t
Does Tesla prioritize making sure their dealer showrooms have a floor model to show? Just wondering how soon I will get to see the CT in-person after completed vehicles start rolling out of the factory.

(don't feel like making a thread for such a basic question so I asked it here)

Does Tesla prioritize making sure their dealer showrooms have a floor model to show? Just wondering how soon I will get to see the CT in-person after completed vehicles start rolling out of the factory.

First, Tesla does not have dealers. The showrooms typically don't have examples until quite a while after they start customer deliveries. What has happened in the past was early owners made their cars available to perspective owners for inspection/test drives. Some very early examples also typically show up on Turo for rent before they show up in the showrooms.

Dan

You will have a hard time finding one in a showroom for a while. Best bet would be to find an owner event near you with someone that bring to let's say a Supercharger. I did this with my 3 and had people travel pretty far to take a look. I even let strangers drive my car without paying. Imagine the money I could have made. JK. I find the Turo thing on letting people try a car just ugh. Very glad to let others try. After all its not a museum piece. It's a truck. Well actually its both.

Alignment issues should be a non issue for the most part the only distinct body pieces that are joins not bends are the openings eg doors frunk etc ( somewhere around 7 distinct exterior facing panels ). which are all adjustable by design as opposed to the Model 3 which has at my count (from the parts catalog) at lest 16 distinct exterior facing body panels that all have to be aligned within mm's some of which are not easily adjusted

Time will tell. I certainly hope for the day Tesla assemblers learn how to align body panels. I realize we've only seen prototypes, but this rear door is standard Tesla attention-to-detail...

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 3.29.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 9.29.17 AM.png

Reactions: Maryland