Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought a lowered ‘19 M3, looking for OEM springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My part of town has a lot of big speed bumps/steep driveways and I want to return my springs to stock. I found a shop that will do it, but they said I need to provide the parts.

I’ve attached a picture of the springs to this post. I don’t know anything about car components and I want to make sure I bring the right parts. Do I only need the springs, or is there anything else?

Attachments

• IMG_8607.jpeg
    IMG_8607.jpeg
    543.1 KB · Views: 110
I don’t know anything about car components and I want to make sure I bring the right parts.
Why not ask Tesla then, or even have them do it? Might end up being cheaper than a random shop. The latter likely won't bother tightening stuff at ride height and will not know how to reset the learned alignment offsets in the computer.

At least submit a support ticket request asking for a quote for OEM front strut assemblies and rear springs. And maybe ask for a non-warranty price installed as well.

If you want cheap, you can get struts off rockauto.com. Used rear springs off ebay will likely cost more than new from your local Tesla SC.

Upvote 0
Why not ask Tesla then, or even have them do it? Might end up being cheaper than a random shop. The latter likely won't bother tightening stuff at ride height and will not know how to reset the learned alignment offsets in the computer.

At least submit a support ticket request asking for a quote for OEM front strut assemblies and rear springs. And maybe ask for a non-warranty price installed as well.

If you want cheap, you can get struts off rockauto.com. Used rear springs off ebay will likely cost more than new from your local Tesla SC.
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t think about going to Tesla directly. I’ll try that first.

Upvote 0