Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just collected Model X 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having collected my Model X 100 D Metallic Black Tan Leather PUP Sub Zero package, 20" Wheels Michelin Tyres, yesterday at Gatwick I was surprised to find that my custom radio had been upgraded through the recent changes in the PUP.
All the stories that I had been reading about problems people had when collecting their cars soon disappeared once I checked the vehicle over. One thing I was worried about how comfortable it would be. But driving from Gatwick to Basildon the was very comfortable and drove like a dream.
The vehicle was better than expected could not find any faults, so I came away extremely happy. The car was a pleasure to drive home, it did not take long before I felt completely at home in it. Well worth the money. Just one problem I face is that my garage is not wide enough at 7 foot, so I need to widen it.
I took the vehicle straight to Wrap Concept of Basildon, Essex to get the windows tinted and a full body PPF high gloss clear wrap. www.wrapconcepts.co.uk

Can anybody tell me how the alarm works on it as the guys who were working around in the Wrap garage said when they walked near it the car would make a beeping sound

one problem I face is that my garage is not wide enough at 7 foot, so I need to widen it

+1 !!!

We love our Tesla S, but our driveway has a narrow point where there is 1" to spare on each side (our early 2013 Tesla doesn't have folding mirrors). My wife and I can both make it through without any drama, but the first week or so was a bit stressful.

Wish I had the option to remove 1 foot of our house, or "accidentally" have neighbours fence fall down...

Having collected my Model X 100 D Metallic Black Tan Leather PUP Sub Zero package, 20" Wheels Michelin Tyres, yesterday at Gatwick I was surprised to find that my custom radio had been upgraded through the recent changes in the PUP.
All the stories that I had been reading about problems people had when collecting their cars soon disappeared once I checked the vehicle over. One thing I was worried about how comfortable it would be. But driving from Gatwick to Basildon the was very comfortable and drove like a dream.
The vehicle was better than expected could not find any faults, so I came away extremely happy. The car was a pleasure to drive home, it did not take long before I felt completely at home in it. Well worth the money. Just one problem I face is that my garage is not wide enough at 7 foot, so I need to widen it.
I took the vehicle straight to Wrap Concept of Basildon, Essex to get the windows tinted and a full body PPF high gloss clear wrap. www.wrapconcepts.co.uk

Can anybody tell me how the alarm works on it as the guys who were working around in the Wrap garage said when they walked near it the car would make a beeping sound

Hi cubbie,
How is the model x going ?, I have been to see the great guys down at gatwick for a test drive, I have a 75 lined up in myTesla , just waiting to get my stuff straight before pulling the trigger around Christmas. Interested how you have got on with high gloss ppf too ?

Hi cubbie,
How is the model x going ?, I have been to see the great guys down at gatwick for a test drive, I have a 75 lined up in myTesla , just waiting to get my stuff straight before pulling the trigger around Christmas. Interested how you have got on with high gloss ppf too ?
Hi
I will be collecting the car tomorrow or Wed
I will let you know when I get it back and upload a photo
Glad I went for the 100D

Hi cubbie,
Recently had the car wrapped and they noticed chips in the bonnet also offside rear door out of alignment. Also chrome trim very rattle. Unable to get it sorted till November as on holiday for six weeks. The car drives great and handles really well. I found the car very comfortable.
I have managed to sort the problem with my garage doors. At present the framework takes up a total of five inches, so I am going to geta roller door with the framework on the inside of the pillars. So at the moment I am charging the car outside the garage glad I got the longer lead.
Just trying to work out the cost of charging at home at the rate of 20amps at 10 miles an hour
I. Am driving down to Spain in October so looking forward to it
I am glad I went for the 100D as I do go to France and Spain quite a bit.
Take your time in making your choice also spend a lot of time checking the vehicle when you go to collect it.

Reactions: PrGrPa
Can you get the X to drive itself into the garage using the summon feature? That way you can hop out on the driveway and leave the garage as-is.
That is a good idea but at present there is only an inch each side. When I get the new door fitted on the inside of the garage it will give me an extra five inches. So in answer to your question I might order the summon feature.

'drives like a dream' - that's exactly what my feeling was when i first drove my MX.

now you'll be trying hard to come up with excuses just so you can take the car out.
The car is gradually growing on me and I am enjoying every moment. When I come back from holiday we will be driving down to Spain for a month. So I hope to learn a lot more about the car

How did the wrap go ?
It took longer than I expected. On the bonnet the PPF they used was faulty it took them three times to get it sorted. But they would not let the car go until they were happy with it. Which is good.
They noticed all the problems with the car for me because they look so closely at the car. The bonnet he said where they had sprayed it the paintwork had not been flattened and buffed up properly. It showed little raises in the paint which was more noticeable when the wrap was on. Also offside rear door was out of alignment there ,was also some lines just above the drivers door which they used some T-Cut to get rid of them. My eyes are not great so I am grateful they noticed these things for me.
Overall I am extremely happy with the wrap and the car.