Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just completed a Canadian road trip on my Model 3 RWD+. 2500klms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is doable. Ottawa Ontario to Sackville NB and back. It was a bit tight on the stretch between Edmundston and Fredericton (the range is about 300klms and there are no superchargers in between).

Apart from a software bug causing the monitor to flicker (which went away after the update), everything else was a smooth ride. This is an awesome car.

It is doable. Ottawa Ontario to Sackville NB and back. It was a bit tight on the stretch between Edmundston and Fredericton (the range is about 300klms and there are no superchargers in between).

Apart from a software bug causing the monitor to flicker (which went away after the update), everything else was a smooth ride. This is an awesome car.
Need details! How many SC stops, what were your charging experiences like, range on the trip, did you use NOA, etc.? We need details!!

5 SC stops each way. Charging was quick and easy. Most charge stations were empty (especially in New Brunswick - never saw another Tesla at the SC) I used adaptive cruise control, it was great. Was adapting to road conditions, slowing down in traffic/turns/etc. Although the SR+ has a published range of 387klms, it was closer to 300 especially in up and down hilly roads like the transcanada hwy along the Maine US border.
Tesla navigator kept trying to route me through Maine, but I did not want to cross the US border because of the hassle it entails. So, I tricked the navi by selecting destinations in between the actual route, and it worked! I suppose the thin spread of Superchargers in New Brunswick is the reason for this, that still did not present a real problem for me.

I drive a Model 3 P3D+ . I recently completed a trip from Vancouver BC to Edmonton AB and back in June. The highest amount I charged the battery was 90% but most all the time it was to 85%.The lowest I let the battery get down to was 23%.
Used the Supercharger network only.
Left Vancouver with 90% charge. Charging stops were as follows Hope 20 minutes, Kamloops 30 minutes, Revelstoke 20 minutes.
Stayed over night in Golden at the Travel Lodge which had a Tesla Supercharger on the property. Left Golden after charging up to 85%.Charged at
Canmore 20 minutes. Wanted to check out one of the newest Superchargers at Rocky View AB. Stopped for lunch had to take it off charging before lunch because it only took 20 minutes. Talked with a couple from California that had been road tripping in their Model 3 AWD Long Range since April. They had been all the way to New York and were now working their way back. Left Rocky View at 85% and drove to the Edmonton Supercharger at Southgate Mall to charge up to 90%. Visited my cousins in St. Albert and of course gave rides to friends and family. While we were at my cousins a text came through to my cousin's cell phone from the next door neighbour. It read: "Noticed the Tesla in the driveway. Way to spruce up the hood!" He replied " Want to go for a ride?" She replied : 'I'll be right out!"
So after putting on a bunch of "Tesla Smiles" we charged up to 90% the day before we left and headed back the same route.
Because we were heading back downhill we were able to make it charged to 90% at Merritt and made it all the way back to the North Shore with 23%.
You don't really notice the Supercharger stops of 20 minutes because you really can't do a lot in that time plus you have to stop after 2-3 hours of driving for pee breaks and stretch the legs. The real takeaway was how easily the Tesla does the hills. There are some pretty big ones on the route up and you don't even notice them. We were astounded coming back that we really didn't notice them on the way up.
Tesla is effortless on the hills. Far better experience than in an ICE vehicle. Great road trip car! So fun to drive! Sorry for the enormous post.
Just so impressed with this car! Had to let you know. I've owned mine since September 2018 and now have 16,000 kms on White Lightning now.
Last thing. No Supercharger waits. Most times we were the only ones. Rocky View 4 of 8 were in use. Other than there we were all alone.

Actually there is 1 Supercharger in Saint Leonard NB. It should be in the car database

Btw, here are all the supercharger stops. I'm actually supposed to have 7500klms of free supercharging as I bought the car in May, I'm still trying to sort that out with Tesla:

Ervin's Tesla
Pointe Claire, QC Supercharger
6/29/2019 6:37PM
$9.84
Levis, QC Supercharger
6/29/2019 2:53PM
$11.75
Rivière-du-Loup, QC Supercharger
6/29/2019 12:27PM
$10.08
Saint-Léonard, NB Supercharger
6/29/2019 11:10AM