Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just found my Source Code VIN! 20" Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my delivery text yesterday!
Scheduling link originally allowed me to schedule as soon as Monday 6/8, I scheduled for the 9th as it was earliest I was available.
Maybe an hour later I got on my computer to check my account page and noticed no scheduled time was listed, I called Tampa Tesla center and as I'm talking to the guy I got another text from Tesla apologizing saying they had estimated arrival date wrong, and first day I could schedule delivery now showed 6/18.
Tesla rep on phone told me my car was already on the truck with a bunch of others heading to Florida and was currently in Vegas. He said to call back Monday and he could probably tell me how quickly they could get my car inspected and likely get me delivery next week. I went ahead and at least scheduled for 6/18, but he told me I would very likely get it before that date.

Also- no MVPA or VIN actually on my account page yet, VIN I have from source code. I assume once they have my car and are ready for me to pick it up I'll get those on my page and final payment option. Not too worried, at least I know my car is on its way!

How does someone check the "Source code" for a vin? Is there some website you go to?

Go to your account page and into "manage" for your vehicle. Once on that page, right click and hit "view page source" From there ctrl+f to find on page and search for "5YJY" which is beginning of VIN

Reactions: aburrows
Scheduling link originally allowed me to schedule as soon as Monday 6/8, I scheduled for the 9th as it was earliest I was available.
Maybe an hour later I got on my computer to check my account page and noticed no scheduled time was listed, I called Tampa Tesla center and as I'm talking to the guy I got another text from Tesla apologizing saying they had estimated arrival date wrong, and first day I could schedule delivery now showed 6/18.
Tesla rep on phone told me my car was already on the truck with a bunch of others heading to Florida and was currently in Vegas. He said to call back Monday and he could probably tell me how quickly they could get my car inspected and likely get me delivery next week. I went ahead and at least scheduled for 6/18, but he told me I would very likely get it before that date.

Also- no MVPA or VIN actually on my account page yet, VIN I have from source code. I assume once they have my car and are ready for me to pick it up I'll get those on my page and final payment option. Not too worried, at least I know my car is on its way!

Go to your account page and into "manage" for your vehicle. Once on that page, right click and hit "view page source" From there ctrl+f to find on page and search for "5YJY" which is beginning of VIN

That’s some next level search!!! I did just that and no vin was found so I assume that means there isn’t one yet.

The same thing happened to me June 9th and them June 16th. I am in Philadelphia. LRW dual motor 20 inch tires. Excited. White with black interior.

This works with Chrome but not with the MS Edge I'm using. I'm sure others can clarify this.