Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just found this from Heatshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be doing a road trip for NorCal to Marble Canyon and Page (to see Antelope Canyon) next month in July. Did you find that the Heatshield product for your Model S worth it? There are so many choices for sun shades on Amazon and I'm trying to figure out the best option. There are a couple of custom manufacturers and want to figure out if it's worth the custom fit. Did you get any other shading for the rest of the glass on the car. I have all the Tesla shades from their Accessory Store and like the fit. Thanks!

I got the heat shield product for the windshield and 4 passenger doors on my Model S. Windshield one is great but you can't really get out of the car if you suction cup all the passenger door ones on the Windows. When you open a door the window for that door opens slightly and thus jams the heat shield into the bottom part of the window sill. In the back, the suction cup on the wing window prevents the door from properly opening without straining the heat shield. Still love the product though. Car was almost 10 degrees warmer with shields in place!
Oops I meant 10 degrees cooler...!

Oh, and yes, you roll them up and there is a velcro strap. It's a bit awkward but love the custom fit. I'm pretty consistent now in putting up the rear passenger row window ones by keeping the backmost suction cup on the window to allow the window shields hanging onto the window while driving. When I exit the car, I can swing them up and secure the forward suction cup on each window pretty easily. Still trying to figure out what to do when parking for a short period of time with the front row window shields. For now, I just keep them rolled up but use them if I have to park all day outside in an uncovered area. I try to park in covered parking at this point.

I use a baseball cap as glare is an issue when the sun is at an overhead angle through the pano.

I keep forgetting to Photosync the front pano panel. But one of these days...

Photosync 75 has done wonders on the windshield for glare and does reduce heat.

Glad to know that Heatshield has panels for other glass sections. I wonder how they attach to the side windows. Suction cups?

I do like to see out the windows so no, they are not up while driving, except for the top FWD panel pieces (for the dogs, they don’t look up).
Thinking about getting the Heatshield sunshade for my Model X. We use the mesh one from Tesla. My wife finds the glare bothers her in the Southern California bright sun, even with the mesh up. Would we be able to drive with the top windshield shade in place?

Thinking about getting the Heatshield sunshade for my Model X. We use the mesh one from Tesla. My wife finds the glare bothers her in the Southern California bright sun, even with the mesh up. Would we be able to drive with the top windshield shade in place?
Yes, the front cockpit glass has two parts, the upper is supported by the sun visors. Bjorn has some video about this.