Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 12.1 update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my way to Vegas right now and currently charging at the Tesla SC in Rancho Cucamonga from San Diego... there’s no evidence that the Supercharger Battery Warmup system kicked in, there were no sounds or messages on the screen.. maybe the 1 hour 45 minute drive warned up the battery already. The 92Kw dwindled down immediately into the 80’s.

Fred
Probably. The only difference I've see with battery warm up is the charge rate climbs much faster at the beginning. If anything it throttles sooner because it can pull more power sooner.

8.6 -> 12.1.1

Broke Adaptive Cruise, AP, and NoA. So far a reboot and a power cycle did not bring the functions back. First update for me that broke something. My three hours of freeway-parking-lot commuting is back to factor major suck.
Could it be the bug from older versions where sometimes the Autopilot computer crashed? Symptoms were that the automatic headlights were always on, lanes and other cars didn't appear on the screen, and of course none of the Autopilot functions worked. Back then it usually helped for me to let the car sit for 30 minutes or so to make sure it went to sleep mode (presumably powering down the computer). After that everything would work again.

Reactions: bedoig
Mine is a July 2018 build. Do you like the rainbow roof? I’m still undecided about my roof.
I just checked last night from the sticker paperwork and it is actually a 03/19 build, not 04/19 as stated previously.

the rainbow looks really nice and "spaceship" like, especially walking towards the car in the morning when there is still bubbles of water on it. My wife thought there was something wrong with the car! lol.
If it weren't there though, it wouldn't personally be a dealbreaker since once you're in the car you can't even tell it's there.

cool look overall

I just checked last night from the sticker paperwork and it is actually a 03/19 build, not 04/19 as stated previously.

the rainbow looks really nice and "spaceship" like, especially walking towards the car in the morning when there is still bubbles of water on it. My wife thought there was something wrong with the car! lol.
If it weren't there though, it wouldn't personally be a dealbreaker since once you're in the car you can't even tell it's there.

cool look overall
I’ve had a couple of friends say “ Its not pine pollen season yet. WTF” I guess they switched back to the glass supplier they used last summer when they built my car.

Per TeslaFi reporting, it looks like they pulled 12.1.1 for Model 3's. S/Xs are still updating.
Morning Zoom. I was able to successfully install 12.1.1. It seems to be working fine. I’m curious as to the reason it was pulled. Anyone else here able to install 12.1.1 and have driven on it?

It seems that a lot of the issues with 1.1 have been with new cars that have EAP and HW3 from what I’ve read. Anyone please chime in with your thoughts on this.

It seems that a lot of the issues with 1.1 have been with new cars that have EAP and HW3 from what I’ve read. Anyone please chime in with your thoughts on this.
I've got HW3/FSD. Not exactly sure what you mean by EAP as that wasn't an option when I bought mine. I just paid for FSD ($5,000) as Autopilot was included.

Anyway - I've only had one minor issue with this release (I came from 2019.7.105). On my drive home from work yesterday Autopilot and TAAC wouldn't work. When I moved the right stalk nothing would happen. No error message, nothing. Lane markers were visible but the speed limit sign was gone and I had no steering wheel icon or speed control icon.

I put it in park at a stop light and disabled autosteer in the settings (which also disabled NOA). I resumed driving and at the next stop light I put it in park again and enabled autosteer and NOA and from there everything worked great. No issues on my drive into work this morning. As a side note - it also worked perfectly fine on my drive into work yesterday morning after applying the update.

I've got HW3/FSD. Not exactly sure what you mean by EAP as that wasn't an option when I bought mine. I just paid for FSD ($5,000) as Autopilot was included.

Anyway - I've only had one minor issue with this release (I came from 2019.7.105). On my drive home from work yesterday Autopilot and TAAC wouldn't work. When I moved the right stalk nothing would happen. No error message, nothing. Lane markers were visible but the speed limit sign was gone and I had no steering wheel icon or speed control icon.

I put it in park at a stop light and disabled autosteer in the settings (which also disabled NOA). I resumed driving and at the next stop light I put it in park again and enabled autosteer and NOA and from there everything worked great. No issues on my drive into work this morning. As a side note - it also worked perfectly fine on my drive into work yesterday morning after applying the update.
Thanks turn. I’m not sure about EAP either. There are a few variations of Auto Pilot. My signature will hopefully give you information on what my car actually has. I bought plain old AP when I purchased the car. I didn’t have the cash to purchase FSD at that time. So I purchased FSD last week and it arrived with 12.1.1. It’s been fine for me too. I’m on my 3rd drive later today. I tried auto parallel parking yesterday and it was balky and I had to intervene. Hopefully no issues today.

I have had 2 issues with 12.1.1. First, my auto wipers, which had been working great with the last release, now work too slow with heavy rain.

Second, my key fob will not work with summons even though I followed instructions to disable continuous press under customize summons. The lights flash when pressing the top of the fob, but when I press on the trunk back portion of the fob, instead of the car moving backwards, the charge port opens and the car does not move. Is anyone getting their fob to work with summons?

By the by, EAP came back after toggling the switches in the driving menu (all three beta features were on already). Not sure if it actually helped however, maybe it was fixed remotely.

Tesla service was fairly attentive and helpful providing some insights via email while my appointment was a five days out. It is a little weird to me that they can access vehicle logs so readily whereas I cannot. I feel like a user of a local system ultimately controlled by remote admins.