Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
824C8090-53EB-4ADD-B2BE-20E14A8AE8B2.jpeg
In case you haven’t read all 11 pages of threads, 2019.24.4 shows the following updates:

Hi,

The service guys also pushed me to 2019.15.104.1 753f0a from 2019.15.103 a86d242

They are now saying I need to be on WiFi because there is an update ready for me, but unfortunately, i'm having a hard time connecting to wifi on a long period.

Have you received an update since 2019.15.104?

I haven’t received anything since then. I put in a service request asking for the beach buggy update for the kid... nothing yet. I have a WiFi repeater within 10ft and line of sight to the car since day 1. It’s pretty annoying but then I think I could’ve bought a Porsche Cayman that would never receive updates to do different things.

As the seasons change and our wet winter draws ever closer (can't stand thinking about it while it's still July!), I really want Enhanced Summon so I can avoid having to walk out in the constant rain!

Hate to break it to you, but as others have implicitly said - it almost certainly won’t work in the rain. Irony levels will be high after Enhanced Summon release.

never asked you to be my representative on this forum.

As far as I care y'all keep on posting. Free will.

And I never asked you to respond to my comments.
never asked you to be my representative on this forum.

As far as I care y'all keep on posting. Free will.

I only represent people that don't appreciate other people wasting their time. Per your comment, you are ok with sending Spam messages and wasting other peoples time.

TMC Moderators like Bruce previously sent the same message multiple times but others like you refuse to listen and comply. Since you enjoy reading TMC Spam messages, I assume you also enjoy getting Robo calls and receiving Spam e-mails.

This software update failed on my 3. Now the car says Software Update Required - Contact Tesla Service, Service Required - Car may not restart, and 12v Power Reduced - Car may stop unexpectedly error messages. I cannot shift the car out of Park. This update has bricked my car. I am on the phone with Tesla Roadside Assistance now and they are saying the car needs to be brought into the Service Center to have the update manually pushed. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry, I realize we are all early adopters of new technology but there is seriously no failsafe, no backup firmware, to fall back to if an update fails?

I no longer keep a backup ICE car, my 3 is my only car at this point. So I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to get to work tomorrow.

This software update failed on my 3. Now the car says Software Update Required - Contact Tesla Service, Service Required - Car may not restart, and 12v Power Reduced - Car may stop unexpectedly error messages. I cannot shift the car out of Park. This update has bricked my car. I am on the phone with Tesla Roadside Assistance now and they are saying the car needs to be brought into the Service Center to have the update manually pushed. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry, I realize we are all early adopters of new technology but there is seriously no failsafe, no backup firmware, to fall back to if an update fails?

I no longer keep a backup ICE car, my 3 is my only car at this point. So I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to get to work tomorrow.
Now I'm worried. My app said my update failed but showed the new version. I haven't had a chance to actually go to the car yet...

I successfully received the 2019.24.4 update this afternoon on my AWD with HW3.

I had a failed update once, I think it was for my last update. I rearranged my wifi for better signal to the car and it took several days but it did eventually try again and work.

I would go there and look at your car NOW.
Just did, greeted with a message on the screen that said "software update failed, please wait for a new version to be pushed" or something similar.

Version in the car shows 2019.24.4 and manually checking the release notes shows the one posted in here with the chademo updates and whatnot.

Car went in to drive/reverse just find and moved (I'm boxed in so couldn't go for a drive) so I'm not sure if the software update actually failed or not....

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Now I'm worried. My app said my update failed but showed the new version. I haven't had a chance to actually go to the car yet...
Happened to me, car drove totally fine and AP worked perfectly. It showed the new firmware version and all. Tesla did resend the update and it installed successfully the second time.

I would contact Tesla just to be safe and have them resend the update.

Happened to me, car drove totally fine and AP worked perfectly. It showed the new firmware version and all. Tesla did resend the update and it installed successfully the second time.

I would contact Tesla just to be safe and have them resend the update.
I've been lucky enough not to have needed to contact them in the past. Do you mean via the app or calling? The app asks me to make an appointment which is weeks away...

Okay, I think I just generated an interesting data point for somebody somewhere in Tesla.

The helpful guy at Roadside Assistance was on the phone with me and he mentioned that depending on if the car can be put into Transport (Tow) Mode or not will determine what the tow guy needs for the tow. So I was like, okay, let me hit this big Transport Mode button in the menu and as expected, it released the brakes (the car actually started rolling backward). So then I turned Transport Mode off and the guy was like OK I've called the tow people they are on the way.

As I was about to exit the car, it beeped at me and all the error messages cleared except Software Update Required - Contact Tesla Service. Hmm, that's interesting, I thought. So I got back in the car and shifted and it let me put it into R! Wow....so naturally I had to test this. I put the car into R and backed out of my garage, and then tried D and that worked, so I took the car for a short drive around the block and it let me drive the car!

So I don't know what sort of miracle occurred or what signal managed the clear the mass of spaghetti code in the firmware, but my car just sort of unbricked itself. I contacted the Roadside Assistance guy and he was as surprised as I was, he told me normally these bricks are unrecoverable and the Service Center was the next destination. But he said if I wanted to try driving the car I can, he'll cancel the tow and that would certainly save me a huge headache getting to work tomorrow. So in the name of science, I'm now going to try driving the car normally tomorrow. He said the software update will attempt itself again tomorrow at the same time so God knows what will happen on the second try. Worst comes to worst, it fail again and I guess then it's going to be the Service Center for sure.

This has been one hell of an interesting night.