Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this 2019.24.4 update as well. According to TeslaFi this is now the highest volume of FW versions for Model 3 vehicles, so Tesla is doing a mass rollout today.

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 2.52.45 PM.png

Yep, same.
I have the update but the cars are still dancing to the music for me.

Dancing cars are objects whose orientation the system
can't determine for sure. Say whether they are facing straight
forward, or at an angle. There's no malfunction here. When
the car is moving faster, it gets more data points and can
better derive the orientation of adjacent objects.

Reactions: heems
As the seasons change and our wet winter draws ever closer (can't stand thinking about it while it's still July!), I really want Enhanced Summon so I can avoid having to walk out in the constant rain!
Based on what I've seen so far, I'm not sure Enhance Summon is going to prevent you from walking out in the rain that often. Seems like Enhance Summon will be useful in limited situations.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I'm on 2019.15.104.1... I thought TeslaFi can't differentiate between HW 2.5/3. I had a mobile tech out last week for a keycard the delivery guys lost and he pushed me from 15.103 -> 104 but said it's limited because I've got HW3. I put in a service request for updates via the app but nothing so far.

Hi,

The service guys also pushed me to 2019.15.104.1 753f0a from 2019.15.103 a86d242

They are now saying I need to be on WiFi because there is an update ready for me, but unfortunately, i'm having a hard time connecting to wifi on a long period.

Have you received an update since 2019.15.104?

Not interesting at all. Regulators don't have to sign-off on self-driving on private property.

Yup

It’s interesting that they decided to roll out enhanced summon before FSD. To me, parking lots are a far harder problem to solve than city streets for a computer.

The above... plus problems are easier to solve when you're looking at a max of 5 mph instead of speeds in the 35-55 range.

It’s interesting that they decided to roll out enhanced summon before FSD. To me, parking lots are a far harder problem to solve than city streets for a computer.

I like it.

You don't need regulation to solve parking lots, and if it can navigate parking lots it really validates that the car can navigate humans, obstacles, lines, and variable conditions.

I'm not saying I expect it to be great at the start, I'm just saying it's a perfect next logical step since you don't really need laws to make this work -- on the flip side though the first accident/incident with an unattended Tesla in a parking lot will change laws really rapidly. The stakes are high. At least right now you can have autopilot and a level of autonomy with the umbrella rule of "driver must be in control at all times".