Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought that the blinker was supposed to turn off Autosteer. But today it didn't and it felt like wrestling control of the car to change lanes. I just didn't like the feel of fighting the car for control just for a lane change. I didn't recall having to do that before this update.

If you tap up on stalk, doesn't it cancel both Autosteer and TACC? I'll try some permutations on my commute home tonight and see what happens.

If you use the "3 blink" turn signal and turn the wheel slightly at the exact same time, it will deactivate auto-steer without resistance. It takes some practice. Not sure if this is an intended method, but it works, for me anyway.

Anyone notice problems with there Teslatari since this update? I lost sound and games run like the right d-pad button is permanently pressed down. For example, the triangle ship in Asteroids just spins in place... In Centipede, you fly left, with no buttons pressed... Thoughts?

June built LR AWD still sitting on 15.104 :(. I this normal or am I missing anything ?

You're missing something. If you don't see an update in the next day or two, you should probably reach out to Tesla. Right now, 60% of the TeslaFI fleet are on 2019.24.4, and over 30% are on some version of 2019.20.

There's only a few folks left on anything older, and no big blocks. (The situation was very different a few days ago.) Make sure you've got a good Wi-Fi signal, and maybe try rebooting the car. I've often had updates show up shortly after rebooting the car when it didn't come for a long time.

How do you know what the latest version of the NAV software is? Is there a table somewhere, like there is for firmware? I see today that mine is different than I recall last week. Is this the latest?

View attachment 434138

Upthread someone got a 2019.20 version for Nav. But you've got the same one I have, and my car doesn't seem to have any interest in downloading anything newer...

This update completely fixed my purple lines and crazy camera distortions I've been complaining about for the past 10 months. It does look a little bit less sharp now. Anyone else notice? Have there been multiple camera revisions? Funny thing is I have a mobile service appointment Monday to get my rear camera replaced because of the image issues.... guess I should cancel now.

I had the exact same issues since my delivery back in Sept. I had them replace my backup camera as part of my delivery issues list back then but the purple and green lines remained. They said it was a firmware issue and would be fixed in future updates. Too them long enough but i'm glad it's finally fixed! Image does look richer with the higher contrast but definitely a bit blurry now.

auto lane change seems a bit quicker on 2019.24.4
I had the opposite. Was in HOV and when it changed on dash lines with about 1 mile to exit I exited to far left. Needed to cross about 4 or 5 more lanes and traffic was >moderate. Turned on signal and nothing in next lane. Started over about ⅓ and then yanked back. Then tried again and made it. Turned on signal again and a 100% repeat. So I took over since was looking like a drunk fool and getting too close to my exit for all the nonsense.
AP feels the same. The lag to start driving when the car in front of me begins driving drives me a little nuts. I've started to just use the gas pedal to get the car going.
This drives me nuts too and is still the same. I can't find the GAS peddle though:D:D:D. I wish we could have a Mad Max on starting and a LOWER than Mad Max on stopping for cars that are already at a complete stop.

I had the exact same issues since my delivery back in Sept. I had them replace my backup camera as part of my delivery issues list back then but the purple and green lines remained. They said it was a firmware issue and would be fixed in future updates. Too them long enough but i'm glad it's finally fixed! Image does look richer with the higher contrast but definitely a bit blurry now.

So, there isn't a table of NAV updates in TMC, like there is for firmware? I looked and couldn't find anything. What is the latest NAV software? In the five weeks of ownership, I saw three firmware updates and zero NAV updates (unless they are silent)...

So, there isn't a table of NAV updates in TMC, like there is for firmware? I looked and couldn't find anything. What is the latest NAV software? In the five weeks of ownership, I saw three firmware updates and zero NAV updates (unless they are silent)...

NAV (map) updates are silent, and they were only once a year, but now that Tesla has switched to internal map data they are updating more often. (Maybe 3 or 4 times a year.)

The big difference from firmware updates is that they are only delivered via WiFi.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
NAV (map) updates are silent, and they were only once a year, but now that Tesla has switched to internal map data they are updating more often. (Maybe 3 or 4 times a year.)

The big difference from firmware updates is that they are only delivered via WiFi.

Thanks, do we know what the rev number is for whatever the last M3 version released is? Mine shows this (below)

nav1.jpg

Got the update last night and noticed streaming audio and usb both give me "loading error" on my drive to work, soft reset did not remedy. Anybody else? will try to redo the memory card tonight, but odd that the streaming service is also receiving the same error.
Happened to me too and I think it's been reported by others. I unplugged my USBs and replugged them in and everything worked again.

• Informative
Reactions: DNAPoPo
Installed 24.4 this afternoon after getting the notification. Had to run out afterwards and did immediately notice the backup screen. Looked better to me. Also while driving as mentioned the cars near me weren't bouncing around so much. A little wiggle occasionally but definitely not bumper cars. I did go to My Tesla Screen and did not see any Navigation message at the bottom like someone indicated was on theirs. (9/2018 model with HW2.5).