Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I’ll have to look out for the multiple vehicle tracking.

First time I've seen it track that many, but it's also the first day I've driven with 2019.24

For anyone in the DC area, here's where it triggered. It was bumper to bumper on the on-ramp to Rt 50 eastbound (coincidentally right across from where one of the first DC urban superchargers is going in).

Unnamed Road, Washington, DC 20002
Google Maps

Is it just me or is there something odd with the backup camera in this update?

Yeah there is. Aspect ratio is changed, headlights look pink for some reason. Frame rate is still crap on HW3.

Did you notice Download Software progress bar or it just notified you?

I dont have wifi in my underground condo garage. I will connect to Wifi somewhere if I know there is a pending update.

Any other advice?

Thanks

Not sure what to tell you. Go somewhere with Wi-Fi. My car is in the garage with good Wi-Fi. Still not got the navigation update.

Also, cars dance around when stopped just as much as they did prior to this update. As I expected.

• Informative
Reactions: apacheguy
Haven't noticed the other stuff but its definitely more blurry...actually wouldn't say blurry I'd say more distorted. Looking at my shrubs used to be tack clear, now they're more distorted and have less detail. Whatever they did to the camera, I dont like it.
My backup camera is okay but the dashcam and l and r repeaters now have all sorts of problems I never had before - ghosting images, jerky jumpy videos, distortions - all this was NOT present before the update :(

Did you notice Download Software progress bar or it just notified you?

I dont have wifi in my underground condo garage. I will connect to Wifi somewhere if I know there is a pending update.

Any other advice?

Thanks
If you can't connect to Wifi at night, you just have to wait until the car tells you to do so. When you car should received an update you will get a notification that your car will get a firmware update and ask you to connect to Wifi :) First time I saw this message is when travelling in France and having no Wifi connection at night.

The text is in German,

Update verfügbar
Bitte stellen Sie eine WLAN-Verbindung her, um das Software-Update herunterzulassen.

the text is saying the following:

Update available
Please, connect to a Wifi network to download the software update.

ISoftware update Wifi request.jpg

Once your car is connected to a Wifi network, the software update will start to download.

IMG_2781.jpg

Last edited:
If you can't connect to Wifi at night, you just have to wait until the car tells you to do so. When you car should received an update you will get a notification that your car will get a firmware update and ask you to connect to Wifi :) First time I saw this message is when travelling in France and having no Wifi connection at night.

The text is in German,

Update verfügbar
Bitte stellen Sie eine WLAN-Verbindung her, um das Software-Update herunterzulassen.

Update available

View attachment 434667

Once your car is connected to a Wifi network, the software update will start to download.

View attachment 434668

Thank you. I understand how the download software works. But I'm asking specifically for cars with HW3.

As far as I know, these new chip on newer cars don't receive the same updates as older HW2 chips.

Thank you

But the Firmware update procedure is the same for all HW types.
Yea, isn't the code written for HD2.5 at this point and HW3 is probably "emulating" HW2.5 making HW2.5 superior? After all Elon did say that for the time HW2.5 would run BETTER than HW3. Keep seeing lots of post of people LOOKING for improvements attributed to HW3 when exactly the opposite is true for now (and I have HW3 too).

Reactions: PatrickCH4313

The text is in German,

Update verfügbar

Update available

View attachment 434667

View attachment 434668
Does it notify you to connect to WiFi for maps update like for firmware update?