Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a new software update notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also worried about sealing on the doors now.

When I plug my charge cable in the logo stays white and I get the app telling g me the charge cable may not be plugged in correctly. It is unlocked so can be pulled out freely with rest of the car locked.

If I start to charge, that's when it locks. Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

I wonder what the algorithm is for this? When does it say “do this” what temps etc, I also ask this because the what if it is raining hard ? I mean I have not had an issue yet with the windows but I am happy they are making a solution I just hope that someone thought about the bigger picture.

I'm also worried about sealing on the doors now.

When I plug my charge cable in the logo stays white and I get the app telling g me the charge cable may not be plugged in correctly. It is unlocked so can be pulled out freely with rest of the car locked.

If I start to charge, that's when it locks. Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?
Yep. It’ll charge but won’t unplug when you stop charging. The unlock charge port option appears in the app for a second but then disappears. Then the cable might be inserted incorrectly comes up.

Obvious concern is whether or not water will get in with the window not forming a tight seal with the upper weather stripping. Seems like a crappy solution. When my windows froze, it wasn't the top of the window that was the issue, it was the bottom of the window frozen against the rubber strips where the glass retracts into the door. This new behaviour won't help with that.

Same here. It was the bottom of the window that was frozen. The door opened and rubbed the door trim, then it wouldn't continue the roll down behavior .

Obvious concern is whether or not water will get in with the window not forming a tight seal with the upper weather stripping. Seems like a crappy solution. When my windows froze, it wasn't the top of the window that was the issue, it was the bottom of the window frozen against the rubber strips where the glass retracts into the door. This new behaviour won't help with that.

Well, I suppose it could allow the car to try to move the window up first if it won't move down.

Open the window a crack is something we do in summer, not winter. I hope this is just the temporary workaround while they figure out a permanent fix.

Maybe Tesla will send owners a spray bottle and instructions.

For me plug in and starts charging. I changed the charge limit to low and it stopped charging and unlock charge port button was greyed out in the app. I assume that it unlocks when charging complete...

Also if I manually stop charging then the button disappears after a few seconds.

I got home. Plugged in. Charged for half an hour. Ran to the store and came home. Plugged in and started charging. Got the software update 5 mins later and installed. Wanted to try summon so I went to unplug. Nope. It’s been -10c here all day. There’s been no water.

For me plug in and starts charging. I changed the charge limit to low and it stopped charging and unlock charge port button was greyed out in the app. I assume that it unlocks when charging complete...

Also if I manually stop charging then the button disappears after a few seconds.
Do you get the message on the main screen in the app saying cable inserted incorrectly?

97035270-7C24-49BC-80FA-C100B0F7289B.png
B5E4261A-6097-4521-A6B3-2F5AC03B5475.png
E0B203B0-1A51-4D6F-8ECA-71AE16802117.png
Took pics right after stopping charging.

Here is what I have observed regarding charging situations.

For scheduled charging (some time in future):

1. When my car is locked, I can open the charge port and plug in the car. I plug in and the car never locks the charge port. I can fix this by opening the door (unlocking), then closing the door. This seems to start a process as after roughly 30 seconds the port locks and the HPWC activates as normal.
  2. When acting like I just came back from a drive and the car is still unlocked when I plug the charger in, it locks the port after about 30 seconds, car locks, no problems.

With number 1, if plugging in when the car is locked, you can hear a light clicking coming from the charge port. It is 1 time every second or so. This seems like it was hastily written code. I'm not sure why plugging in the car when it is locked or unlocked should make a difference. Also, why the delay now to activate the cable lock? I'm going to file a bug report. It doesn't make sense.

Yes it appears anytime the cable is drawing current it locks in place. So with climate on and the option to unlock the port back, I can unlock it and remove the cable. Without climate on, the error message appears and I cannot get the cable out. So the lock won’t disengage.

The car is sitting idle now, not charging and the error message is there telling me the cable is not inserted correctly. Does anyone else have this message when the cable is not supplying current?

Yes it appears anytime the cable is drawing current it locks in place. So with climate on and the option to unlock the port back, I can unlock it and remove the cable. Without climate on, the error message appears and I cannot get the cable out. So the lock won’t disengage.

The car is sitting idle now, not charging and the error message is there telling me the cable is not inserted correctly. Does anyone else have this message when the cable is not supplying current?

Is your port light blue when it is stuck?

I’m seeing the same behaviour. White light on charge port.