Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a new software update notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20181122_190507.jpg
It is 44.2

Any of you speedy research guru’s figure out exactly what the window position and charge connector behaviours actually mean ?
Maybe...maybe it looks like the windows some down a tiny bit further than before. But I never really paid much attention before to how far so it may be the same. If it weren't for the release notes I probably wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Maybe...maybe it looks like the windows some down a tiny bit further than before. But I never really paid much attention before to how far so it may be the same. If it weren't for the release notes I probably wouldn't have noticed a difference.

I think that’s it. The window comes down farther than before. I can’t go back and check prior to the update, but I don’t recall the seal being this visible before.

I could be wrong. Perhaps someone can compare before they install the update.

Attachments

• 603BC728-D620-4485-BA7C-C56E565A4F2D.png
    603BC728-D620-4485-BA7C-C56E565A4F2D.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 58
Immediately have an issue removing the charge cable. Get a message in the app saying cable isn’t installed properly. It’ll charge but won’t come out. No option in the car to unlock charge port. Just says ‘start charging’ App doesn’t give unlock option either

Obvious concern is whether or not water will get in with the window not forming a tight seal with the upper weather stripping. Seems like a crappy solution. When my windows froze, it wasn't the top of the window that was the issue, it was the bottom of the window frozen against the rubber strips where the glass retracts into the door. This new behaviour won't help with that.

Reactions: McFlurri
Obvious concern is whether or not water will get in with the window not forming a tight seal with the upper weather stripping. Seems like a crappy solution. When my windows froze, it wasn't the top of the window that was the issue, it was the bottom of the window frozen against the rubber strips where the glass retracts into the door. This new behaviour won't help with that.
Is it low enough that you would be able to open the door without it retracting at all?