Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your car software up to date as of…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently (after 44.1) I’ve noticed that the car software is up to date has not refreshed as often as it used to.
Previously whenever I would go into the software page it would do a quick refresh and tell me my software is up to date as of whenever I went to the page.
It has not done that and not only that but sometimes it will tell me that I need to update to the software I already have?
No other problems regarding the antenna such as Sirius radio or navigation.

Attachments

• IMG_3732.jpeg
    IMG_3732.jpeg
    444.4 KB · Views: 44
I was seeing that when I was on factory firmware 2023.32.100 (actually on that firmware it could go several days without checking). Since I've received 2023.38 (and now 2023.44.1) it seems to limit the check to something like once every 24 hours. I wonder if you hit the software tab after 11am today if you see it check for an update.

Reactions: 100d
A while back this would check for an update every time you would open the software page. That server probably got too many requests by a lot of us constantly checking so they changed the car's software so it would only check that once per 24h period. Later they changed it further because it waits multiple days before checking again. I just don't know how many days it waits exactly. All of us are like that. If you haven't opened the software page in a few days, it will check immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Understood and appreciated. Seems to me that the Tesla service by phone folks are more often than now unaware of a lot of these types of things.
They punch in a problem and it spits out an answer.
Truth is this forum and my local service center tech have been way more helpful and knowledgeable than the folks I have called.

Although. One did send me the original sticker from the car even though I’m not the original owner so that worked to my advantage :)