Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got software update 2022.20.19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope along with you. My brother and I have the same car spec delivered on the same day. He gets the new features so far in advance of me. All because he does not have full self driving beta.

I don’t get the logic.
because they want the code for the production releases to be rigorously tested before they merge it the fsd branch. People whining about this don't seem to understand beta testing in the least. Feel free to email [email protected] with your vin asking to be removed if you wish to receive production build features faster. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite looking forward to getting the latest features, but I'm well aware of the reasons behind not having them due to being on a separate branch.

because they want the code for the production releases to be rigorously tested before they merge it the fsd branch. People whining about this don't seem to understand beta testing in the least. Feel free to email [email protected] with your vin asking to be removed if you wish to receive production build features faster. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite looking forward to getting the latest features, but I'm well aware of the reasons behind not having them due to being on a separate branch.
Thanks friend for your friendly explanation of what beta means; this is my first day using tech. I understand perfectly how it works, but being this far behind the production build is unacceptable. As for your suggestion; it’s unnecessary as I’ll be canceling my FSD subscription at the end of the month. I only bought it for the last few months because I would be doing a lot of highway travel and wanted the lane change feature. Navigate on city streets is completely useless for me and I haven’t even tried to use it for probably a month and a half. I tried to use it several times when I first got the beta but the amount of intervention that was required on every trip, in many different situations, was too annoying for me; so, If i was gonna do most of the driving anyway I didn’t see the point of even messing with it. Calling this software package beta is charitable.

By the way all of this is off point; my original comment was that Tesla needs to do far better at updating FSD when this becomes part of the core FSD package. They still consider most of the FSD features beta, even the ones that aren’t part of the strict beta program, so will there still be such delays in updating the package? I doubt many people will be happy paying an extra 15K or 299 a month for a package that causes them to miss out on timely updates of new features that those who don’t pay the premium get earlier.

I find this somewhat amusing if only because... I have been gainfully employed as a software beta site manager! (albeit not for a vehicle)

So please be assured that *this* whiner understands "beta testing" in the least. Just not vehicle software testing.

I should point out that understanding things and whining about them are not mutually exclusive. Have you wondered why you are whining about the whiners? :)

I find this somewhat amusing if only because... I have been gainfully employed as a software beta site manager! (albeit not for a vehicle)

So please be assured that *this* whiner understands "beta testing" in the least. Just not vehicle software testing.

I should point out that understanding things and whining about them are not mutually exclusive. Have you wondered why you are whining about the whiners? :)
Maybe he doesn’t understand whiners!

So you don't work with software that could kill a human being. Got it.

Can someone explain what features the non beta users get that the beta users don’t? Honestly asking, as I may unenroll if it’s good…
It’s not that we “don’t get them” it’s just that they’re delayed. The next release of FSD is based on a current branch. It will be dropping within the next week or so most likely and this is all moot. Things like the new traffic display, moving the repeater camera window when the blinker is on, alternate routes, the new energy app etc.

Reactions: sleepydoc
This thread has been focused on FSD Beta, but my MYLR FSD (non-beta) is still 'stuck' on 2022.20.8. The software screen says the car is up to date, which was confirmed today by Tesla service.

Is this (20-week delay in software) normal? Are Beta and non-beta FSD on the same SW releases?

This thread has been focused on FSD Beta, but my MYLR FSD (non-beta) is still 'stuck' on 2022.20.8. The software screen says the car is up to date, which was confirmed today by Tesla service.

Is this (20-week delay in software) normal? Are Beta and non-beta FSD on the same SW releases?
TeslaFi still sees 1.4% of its fleet still on 2022.20.8... that is odd though. Have you tried the automatic diagnostic that occurs if you open a ticket for 'software stuck' to see if it kicks one down to you? I did this once and it caused one to finally hit.

TeslaFi still sees 1.4% of its fleet still on 2022.20.8... that is odd though. Have you tried the automatic diagnostic that occurs if you open a ticket for 'software stuck' to see if it kicks one down to you? I did this once and it caused one to finally hit.
I had an already-open ticket for another item, so I added this 'Software Update' issue to the list and got that feedback from the Service Team. Maybe I'll try again as a standalone service request -- to be clear, that's your suggestion, right?

Also, non-beta FSD usually tracks the normal software releases, right? Or does it match the software release cycles of Beta?

Thanks!

I had an already-open ticket for another item, so I added this 'Software Update' issue to the list and got that feedback from the Service Team. Maybe I'll try again as a standalone service request -- to be clear, that's your suggestion, right?

Also, non-beta FSD usually tracks the normal software releases, right? Or does it match the software release cycles of Beta?

Thanks!
Is this a new vehicle? If so it takes several weeks to update from the factory build to the current build; it's normal. There are many threads you can search for on this topic.