Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just left the Dedham MA SC - People were loosing their *$@t

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dedham is great and the people better.
It is always disappointing to run into a hater that just hates - they are generally miserable people spreading their negativity and has nothing to do with car brand or socioeconomic status IMHO
Whatever happened to the Golden Rule? Simple

Reactions: BulldogsRus
I bought my first MS in '14, my second one in '17 and had smooth experiences at Dedham both times. I just stopped at Dedham again for the first time in months last night to charge and was astonished by how busy/crowded it was. Cars were being shuffled around to enable people to move around...it was absolutely packed and capacity clearly was stretched. I suspect what's going on is Model 3s are finally coming in stock and new owners are excited to finally get behind the wheel. So, there is a temporary surge in deliveries and service creating a bottleneck. I suspect it will cool down after deliveries catch up and things will them run smoother. Stay patient new M3 buyers and welcome to the community. It will be worth all the wait and frustration in the end...all Tesla models are amazing. My next one likely will be a M3..there are many reasons a person may select a lower or higher priced car that have nothing to do with the cost. All these generalities about income, class, geography and attitudes is silly.

Curious how he justified Model 3 owners should go first? The whole thing is not surprising if you followed any of the delivery threads. Somehow Tesla owners are waaay amped up, from “where’s my car to analyzing the VIN when they get one to omg I hope it’s not flawed....”. Bit like having a baby...... I work with a guy who literally went went over his paint with a fine tooth comb. Wonder if he did that with any other car he ever bought? Not at all saying that there aren’t problems but every car I’ve ever owned has had to have warranty work, no exception.

My guess is his view is that because he's paying to Supercharge, he should go first over an S or X that's getting it for free... that's all I can come up with.

I took delivery at Dedham a couple of weeks ago. It was crazy busy and they were doing the best they could. When I finally got a delivery person (Greg, I think, I believe he was a manager) he actually had THREE of us do our paperwork at the same time. Then we found that my car hadn't been prepped, so they had to wash it, put the license plates on and bring it forward. Got there at 4:30pm but didn't leave until about 8:30pm, poor daughter was starving!!

That said, everyone was super nice and tried to be as helpful as they could. This is a 2 bay delivery center (service center AND super charger) on what feels like about a 1/2 acre of land. The two delivery bays were filled with standing tables and that's where we did our paperwork (did I mention 3 of us at a time?!)

Just way more business then that little bit of a place can handle. At the time, I understand they were also getting killed by their trucking company bringing the cars from a staging area to the Dedham site.

I want as many people as possible to buy a Tesla, I really do.... What I think is hilariously depressing though are people who are buying Model 3's as a status symbol... Um... News flash, if you think the 3 is a status symbol then your status must suck... LOL :)

Jeff
I have to agree with this. When my wife asked me to buy a model 3 for her, i told her right off the bat, a model 3 is likely buying a BMW 3 series (yah.. you 3 series owners know deep down what I mean)... She still got her model 3 (it is actually pretty nice, but a little small for my tastes)

that said, when you make a vehicle available to a large population like this, you have to be ready to handle the number of people. While I don't blame the workers, I do blame the company. (just look at shop.tesla.com)

Reactions: jeffro01
I have to agree with this. When my wife asked me to buy a model 3 for her, i told her right off the bat, a model 3 is likely buying a BMW 3 series (yah.. you 3 series owners know deep down what I mean)... She still got her model 3 (it is actually pretty nice, but a little small for my tastes)

that said, when you make a vehicle available to a large population like this, you have to be ready to handle the number of people. While I don't blame the workers, I do blame the company. (just look at shop.tesla.com)

I owned a 3 series. I bought a Model 3 (from Dedham). I have no idea what you mean, although I assume it's an insult. What's the point, dude? My car purchase decision actually doesn't really have a lot to do with some internet bro's perception, and this type of snobbery is exceptionally stupid.

RE: Dedham - great staff stretched thin and extremely harried. We had some issues on delivery, but were really nice about it, and the staff treated us SUPER well and went the extra mile to make sure we were satisfied. We even got EV plates even though they were supposedly out of stock, and I'm pretty sure it's because we were smiling and pleasant throughout (and I was effing excited, it's a cool car!). I did see some folks getting sniffy, but throwing a fit on people who have no control is just sad. Send the regional VP an angry email or something.

Reactions: ShibbyRomes
So I've heard these stories about crazy service centers. I showed up to get warranty work expecting craziness.

What I did not expect were Model 3 owners seemingly throwing tantrums at the extremely patient Tesla staff. They had about 6 or 7 temp workers directing traffic and moving cars. They were standing outside in the rain in 33F degree weather. Props to them.

1 after another new model 3 owners were coming in and just losing their cool just a little bit too quickly. One guy started screaming at a Tesla service girl because his autopilot wasn't activated after 24 hours. She looked him in the eye after he stopped yelling and said "Sir, I'm here to help you. I'm on your side. Let me look into this for you." Then went way out of her way to make sure it was activated ASAP.

Gee whiz guys - let's all chill out! Nothing is that important. You will get your autopilot. You purchasing a car that's more expensive than you normally would does not give you the right to treat others like garbage.
Not to condone poor behavior, but I think Tesla should do a better job of educating people as to what to expect from the car as well as better train their sales staff and technicians. Few weeks ago I had activated trial of advanced driving capability with my model 3. As soon as I did that, all my cameras stopped working. In retrospect they were calibrating, but I did not know it at that time and there was no warning. At the end of a day I had to stop by the SC. Between sales person and tech guy they had no idea what is going on and just simply BS me telling that it is bug and Tesla is working on it.
Well “, despite living in NY/CT area, I do not yell at people... but, the whole trip to SC would not be needed if Tesla would do a bit better job at educating car owners. I was not impressed by service guys for not knowing the real reason.

My guess is his view is that because he's paying to Supercharge, he should go first over an S or X that's getting it for free... that's all I can come up with.
The M3 owner at the charger may have been making a valid point. If there are several open stalls, I've heard it's better to charge as far away from another Tesla charging as you can. I was told this is because 2 or 3 charges may be on the same electric "service panel" or something like that. 2 cars drawing from the same panel will both charge slower than if each car is on its own panel. Not sure if this is true/accurate, but perhaps this is what the M3 owner was referring to...

So I've heard these stories about crazy service centers. I showed up to get warranty work expecting craziness.

What I did not expect were Model 3 owners seemingly throwing tantrums at the extremely patient Tesla staff. They had about 6 or 7 temp workers directing traffic and moving cars. They were standing outside in the rain in 33F degree weather. Props to them.

1 after another new model 3 owners were coming in and just losing their cool just a little bit too quickly. One guy started screaming at a Tesla service girl because his autopilot wasn't activated after 24 hours. She looked him in the eye after he stopped yelling and said "Sir, I'm here to help you. I'm on your side. Let me look into this for you." Then went way out of her way to make sure it was activated ASAP.

Gee whiz guys - let's all chill out! Nothing is that important. You will get your autopilot. You purchasing a car that's more expensive than you normally would does not give you the right to treat others like garbage.
So is this behavior because of the damage Trump has done or is Trump the result of the crudeness of the American public. There aren't a lot of low-lifes in the greater Boston area. So we're talking affluent people acting like dock workers or bar customers at last call. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Not to condone poor behavior, but I think Tesla should do a better job of educating people as to what to expect from the car as well as better train their sales staff and technicians. Few weeks ago I had activated trial of advanced driving capability with my model 3. As soon as I did that, all my cameras stopped working. In retrospect they were calibrating, but I did not know it at that time and there was no warning. At the end of a day I had to stop by the SC. Between sales person and tech guy they had no idea what is going on and just simply BS me telling that it is bug and Tesla is working on it.
Well “, despite living in NY/CT area, I do not yell at people... but, the whole trip to SC would not be needed if Tesla would do a bit better job at educating car owners. I was not impressed by service guys for not knowing the real reason.
Have you noticed on your tesla account page on tesla.com the "Ask Us a Question"? Calibration is easily detected from the count circle (ala software updates on smartphone) with the label Calibrating. Also reading the manual helps. This isn't directed specifically at you @Sandman203 rather to people reading this. I picked up my M3 2 weeks ago in Mt Kisco (I live in NE CT) was there 5 hrs and almost completely ignored for 4 of them. I did not post lunatic rants on here or protest in front of the store. I handled it privately.

Maybe your right about his reasoning. However, whether he realizes it or not, the S & X owners paid for it too. Just differently than he is. I'm waiting on a M3 that will be delivered soon. No matter what, I don't expect to yell or abuse anyone. Even if I'm not happy, or am having to deal with unreasonable performance, I expect to stay professional

Reactions: PeterK
Not to condone poor behavior, but I think Tesla should do a better job of educating people as to what to expect from the car as well as better train their sales staff and technicians..

Ain't that the TRUTH !!! Picked up my new Model X yesterday, fortunately I've been in AZ the past 20 years but the New York'er in me came real close to coming out. He still lurks deep within and clueless Tesla "sales staff and technicians" were beckoning him at every turn. Hoping they send me a 'how'd we do' survey so I get another bite at the 'big' apple.

The M3 owner at the charger may have been making a valid point. If there are several open stalls, I've heard it's better to charge as far away from another Tesla charging as you can. I was told this is because 2 or 3 charges may be on the same electric "service panel" or something like that. 2 cars drawing from the same panel will both charge slower than if each car is on its own panel. Not sure if this is true/accurate, but perhaps this is what the M3 owner was referring to...
It's not necessary to be "as far away" but instead to understand how shared stalls work.

www.tesla.com/support/supercharging
How can I maximize power and reduce charge time at a Supercharger?
Each charge post is labeled with a number and letter, either A or B (e.g. 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B). When possible, select a charge post with a unique number that is not currently connected to a vehicle. When a unique number isn’t available, the Supercharger cabinet has technology to share available power between charge posts A and B. To maximize power, park at a Supercharger shared with a car that is nearly done charging. For Superchargers in urban areas, there is no need to consider these suggestions, as those sites do not share available power; each car has dedicated power available.​

And more details about it in the TMC discussion at Superchargers A and B lane slots

Dedham is where I go for any service, and they are great. Remember that like any tech device it may take a while to master all the options and functions. It took me about a year before I could quickly find everything in the Model S I have . The service people may not be driving that 600 mi trip or the daily commute as often as owners. That's why I always go to the forums re Tesla first. I also tell any new owners the same.

Speaking as a 3x Model S owner and 2x Model 3 owner -- I'm generally the same jerk I used to be. This divisiveness isn't productive, and reflects poorly on all of us.

As a first time Model 3 owner (not --by far-- the most I ever spent on a car), I resent being lumped into a "basket" of a-holes. Just because of a few experiences with people who happen to be Model 3 owners, does not take into consideration, all the thousands who are not a-holes. Prejudice is prejudice. And really, this kind of discussion shows who the real a-holes are. Looks like lately there are plenty of them to go around driving all sorts of things. We see & hear what we look & listen for.

Reactions: Pollux
Well I picked up my model 3, Nov 16th in Exton PA which is the Philadelphia area metro dealer and Service center. Funny it's the same building and lot I picked up my Toyota highlander hybrid LTD at 6 years before. I had an overall great experience and the customers were abundant and waiting on their deliveries or service and the staff to customers ratio seemed very good. Staff I dealt with were all knowledgable. Customers were all calm and quiet.

Similar to the original poster observation, it turns out autopilot was not enabled out of factory. I spoke to them on the phone a few times the first few days and it was "wait 50 miles for driver calibration". Then asked to "wait for 100 miles". Then day 4 they connected to my account and said they found the issue was that similar to other customers, autopilot was not enabled in Fremont and they would push an update overnight to my car.

Sure enough on day 5 it worked ( day 3 was a Sunday so I called back Monday to enable) and I never once waited more than 5 min on phone to speak to delivery team at Exton.

Called back day 5 to thank them and asked them about a splash screen acknowledgment that I had a free 30 day trial of autopilot. They said this was also an issue "bug" they were seeing. Other owners reported same and after 30 days it will still be working. Call back if needed.

So my previous two cars are porsches and overall the customer service I've had at the delivery was Excellent compared to Porsche and Toyota dealers and service centers and exceeded my expectations dramatically.

I'm stunned that they actually "serviced" the car by remote cellular update. Never seen a Porsche mechanic do that.

Reactions: Pollux
Curious how he justified Model 3 owners should go first?
I really don't understand how a M3 owner would ever think they should have priority over a MS/MX... Or ANYONE... It doesn't make sense any way you approach it.

That's like a kid being a dick to their parents/elders. You don't do that. That guy was undoubtedly a douche way before he bought a M3. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if someone tazes him someday at a future supercharger. :D

I owned a 3 series. I bought a Model 3 (from Dedham). I have no idea what you mean, although I assume it's an insult. What's the point, dude? My car purchase decision actually doesn't really have a lot to do with some internet bro's perception, and this type of snobbery is exceptionally stupid.

RE: Dedham - great staff stretched thin and extremely harried. We had some issues on delivery, but were really nice about it, and the staff treated us SUPER well and went the extra mile to make sure we were satisfied. We even got EV plates even though they were supposedly out of stock, and I'm pretty sure it's because we were smiling and pleasant throughout (and I was effing excited, it's a cool car!). I did see some folks getting sniffy, but throwing a fit on people who have no control is just sad. Send the regional VP an angry email or something.

We paid almost $60K for our model 3. How much is the S? A quick look shows maybe $75K for intermediate battery range? I say expensive either way.

BTW, I was driving around this past Saturday 11/24 in Central NJ in that crazy rain and lost part of the undercarriage. The Cherry Hill SC squeezed me in quicky and didn't charge me. So nothing like this Dedham center we're talking about here.

Reactions: Bleedblue82

Ha! Don't blame us, after all, we were graceful with our Model S that didn't make it home due to air suspension going out, then the X. It's had a ghosting windshield for 2 years now, as well as ½ shaft vibration, yellow screen border that Tesla now says "we're not changing anymore screens out" .... then the hatred of going from version 8 to 9 - that's been a visual nightmare being color blind ..... no picnic for many others etc ..... & this, & more, on a six-figure car .... maybe they should have been in Korea some six decades ago with 50,000 Chinese coming over the hill and only 200 rounds left. Excuse me while I go cry them a river. Take a number.