Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just received a strange email from Tesla...HELP!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received the following email from Tesla. It is strange because I did ALL of this when I configured and when I click on the red "Action Required" links it takes me to my "Manage" page and when I click on Manage there is nothing that I can edit or change and the information is all displayed (Price, Drivers License, Insurance Info) except for "Select Delivery Location". Can anyone explain this?

Prepare for Your Model 3 Delivery
To move forward in the delivery process, please provide the following information:

Delivery Location

Confirm your vehicle delivery location

>

Driver's License

Upload your driver's license

>

Vehicle Insurance

Upload your proof of insurance

>

Registration

Confirm name and address for the vehicle registration

Payment Method

Confirm whether you will pay with Cash, Loan or Lease

Trade-In

Confirm if you will be trading in a vehicle

I'm suspicious of any email links.
If you access your account through Tesla's website instead of from a link in the email, do you see information there?
Do you have any kind of ad/script blockers that might have interfered with the display of information?

I just received the following email from Tesla. It is strange because I did ALL of this when I configured and when I click on the red "Action Required" links it takes me to my "Manage" page and when I click on Manage there is nothing that I can edit or change and the information is all displayed (Price, Drivers License, Insurance Info) except for "Select Delivery Location". Can anyone explain this?

Prepare for Your Model 3 Delivery
To move forward in the delivery process, please provide the following information:

Delivery Location

Confirm your vehicle delivery location

>

Driver's License

Upload your driver's license

>

Vehicle Insurance

Upload your proof of insurance

>

Registration

Confirm name and address for the vehicle registration

Payment Method

Confirm whether you will pay with Cash, Loan or Lease

Trade-In

Confirm if you will be trading in a vehicle
Nothing for you to do at this time. Just wait until you are contacted by your DS. Have you been assigned a VIN, which would show on your manage page? If not, just sit back and relax, everything will be resolved in good time as you get closer to delivery.

I'm suspicious of any email links.
If you access your account through Tesla's website instead of from a link in the email, do you see information there?
Do you have any kind of ad/script blockers that might have interfered with the display of information?
When I click the links it takes me to the Tesla Login page when I log in it shows everything as I stated. I even tried logging out completely and then typed in the URL manually and logged in and it was the same. I was hoping it was a notification that my M3 was ready for pickup.....but no such luck....probably just another false alarm.

it's the normal automated email after configuring. i got the same email even though i entered all that information prior to the email. nothing for you to do if you already completed all the requested info, just wait for the email from the delivery advisor.

Reactions: tracksyde