Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just received my new car without ultrasonic sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most important safety features for me as a senior is help with parking. I am completely baffled that Tesla would release a car without features they advertise. Yes, you were supposed to press a button that accepted delivery. Again, because I was having trouble with the app the sales person said just do it when you arrive. He pulled up the button and said just click here. He did not advise me to read the disclaimer nor did anyone in my multiple phone calls to Tesla ever mention the sensors were missing. There was no transparency on their part, no golden rule with Tesla
Seems the golden rule is Read what you’re signing or agreeing to. They Tried to be transparent and you opted to pass.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mike7564
Seems the golden rule is Read what you’re signing or agreeing to. They Tried to be transparent and you opted to pass.
So apparently you think the burden needs to be on the customer to “catch” when a company is trying to sell you something and deliver something else. Or anything is okay as long as it’s buried in the fine print? Numerous folks have commented that they weren’t informed their car was missing USS nor what the implications were. Some never “accepted” that. Could they all be clueless and missed it, sure. But seems doubtful. I personally test drove a car in Dec (2022 model) and the SA made no mention that the USS weren’t included on the cars anymore even though we spoke at length on how useful it is. Do they know they’re removing a feature that customers value and are hoping they’ll see beyond it, of course.

On the same vein, go to Tesla.com today. You can buy EAP for $6k. There are pretty graphics about parking assist etc. yet nowhere do they disclose that many EAP components are non functional for the “time being”.

Last edited:
Norway ´23 MYLR owner without USS here - I guess all we can do at this point is trust that Tesla will (at some point) deliver on a comparable or better park assist then what has been with ultrasonic sensors. Of course it is a massive annoyance to not have something even our old cars have, and I can only speculate to the whys and why nots all I want. The energy spent on it only impacts me, not Tesla. In the end I am a beta tester for everything Tesla - something which I must admit has mostly come to my advantage :)

Norway ´23 MYLR owner without USS here - I guess all we can do at this point is trust that Tesla will (at some point) deliver on a comparable or better park assist then what has been with ultrasonic sensors. Of course it is a massive annoyance to not have something even our old cars have, and I can only speculate to the whys and why nots all I want. The energy spent on it only impacts me, not Tesla. In the end I am a beta tester for everything Tesla - something which I must admit has mostly come to my advantage :)
We are beta testers for all manufacturers really. Every single car we’re driving is a beta test for a future version of the car. And I’m happy this is the way.

We are beta testers for all manufacturers really. Every single car we’re driving is a beta test for a future version of the car. And I’m happy this is the way.
Although you're likely correct, as consumers, we have to draw the line somewhere. It's fine to be beta testers but that requires transparency and pricing that reflects said beta experience. Packaging something as full fledge production and asking for premium $ is the only thing that I think needs to be corrected in the industry, not just Tesla.

Pretty sure there was a notice you had to accept as part of your delivery process acknowledging this and that the features would be restored as soon as possible via Tesla vision updates.

View attachment 879233

So the short answer is nothing.

Welcome to Tesla!
Unfortunately Tesla was not transparent at all about the lack of sensors. Yes, you do click something on your phone but for this 67 year old I just thought I was signing something that said I was taking possession of the car. No one in all my calls and texts ever mentioned the lack of sensors including the people in the showroom who just said click here on the phone. Would have been nice for someone along the way to mention that the 23 was an inferior car to the 22. Bad business

Unfortunately Tesla was not transparent at all about the lack of sensors. Yes, you do click something on your phone but for this 67 year old I just thought I was signing something that said I was taking possession of the car. No one in all my calls and texts ever mentioned the lack of sensors including the people in the showroom who just said click here on the phone. Would have been nice for someone along the way to mention that the 23 was an inferior car to the 22. Bad business

I spoke with my sales rep, they say that not even they get any info from the higher ups. This is poor service quality, the frontline staff are the ones who should have all the info available and be able to correctly inform customers.

It is all wrong. I took a test drive in a Y with my wife and we specifically tried out the sensors as they were an important factor for her agreeing to the car.
The sales guy didn't mention a thing about the fact that new ones wouldn't have the sensors.

I found out about the sensors before delivery but it was too late to back out so we've gone for it. Fingers crossed for Chuckle vision.

Reactions: alex77 and Mike7564
It is all wrong. I took a test drive in a Y with my wife and we specifically tried out the sensors as they were an important factor for her agreeing to the car.
The sales guy didn't mention a thing about the fact that new ones wouldn't have the sensors.

I found out about the sensors before delivery but it was too late to back out so we've gone for it. Fingers crossed for Chuckle vision.
Exactly same thing happened when I did a test drive in late ‘22. I even had a convo with the SA about how helpful they were. No mention that it’s not on production anymore.

I spoke with my sales rep, they say that not even they get any info from the higher ups. This is poor service quality, the frontline staff are the ones who should have all the info available and be able to correctly inform customers.
exactly and when I asked for a regional manager name and number so I could speak to them they say they aren't allowed to give out this information. So ridiculous!

It’s never too late. You can cancel as long as you do not accept delivery on the app.

Hi, I have ordered RWD black & white interior with tow.
My order was still on TBD bit since today the Tesla app displays a message sayin they ’re making changes that impacts my order.
B7C317C0-83AB-44EB-ADB1-575DCCAE7C79.jpeg

They want me to confirm I accept the absence of the uss to proceed with my order.
7640A81B-3EE6-481B-8F49-EE35CA7D8386.jpeg

The link goes here Tesla Vision Update: Replacing Ultrasonic Sensors with Tesla Vision | Tesla Support
Did anybody else got this already?

Status
Not open for further replies.