Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just received my new car without ultrasonic sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too expensive?

$43,990 - $7,500 = $36,490

I was looking at a Camry priced at $36,095msrp (as built $37,290) two weeks ago and went with the M3 at the same price point.

There is absolutely no comparison between these two cars near the same price point. Plus Camry 27mpg with Zero Autopilot and compare resell values. :D
But has parking sensors, will never ever break down and customer service that doesn’t treat you like scum.

Too expensive?

$43,990 - $7,500 = $36,490

I was looking at a Camry priced at $36,095msrp (as built $37,290) two weeks ago and went with the M3 at the same price point.

There is absolutely no comparison between these two cars near the same price point. Plus Camry 27mpg with Zero Autopilot and compare resell values. :D
I got mine in late December for the $1,300 more minus the tax credit since I don't qualify.

I have never heard of any car manufacturer who can allow themself to sell the car with the features which are not there.
I also purchased a car two month ago, I paid extra $6k to get enhanced Autopilot, park assist, and smart summon.
Basically, we purchased something which does not exist. they say that eventually it will work -- no one knows when.

-What can we do now? Sue the company ?

Reactions: NKpenn and Ratch
It’s really nuts when you think about it. Any other product / industry, this would create a shitstorm but Tesla doesn’t just have customers it has fanatics so this BS seems to slide off. That ratio won’t last tho, there’ll be more of us (normal folk) than them soon enough and we just won’t buy another.

NOTE: Sales person told me that update ‘next month’ sorts out parking features.

Yawn.

Reactions: GoodKarma
Begs the question, if you don’t consent to the change in spec, should they refund your $250.
You have a good argument to get your deposit back. I downloaded the manual based upon the Tesla's link to their app. The manual has a section on those safety features. If the car does not come with it enabled, that is a pretty good argument for getting the refund. However, it may put you on Tesla's naughty list.

Reactions: alex77
It’s really nuts when you think about it. Any other product / industry, this would create a shitstorm but Tesla doesn’t just have customers it has fanatics so this BS seems to slide off. That ratio won’t last tho, there’ll be more of us (normal folk) than them soon enough and we just won’t buy another.

Yawn.

Right, no other car company has ever removed a feature, and no sales rep has ever given incorrect info.

Yawn.

Right, no other car company has ever removed a feature, and no sales rep has ever given incorrect info.

If you can name anyone who charges for a PRIMARY feature that then isn’t present and can’t tell you when it will be or charges TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for a feature that can’t do what it says and may never do or basic features that are not even options that don’t function or are randomly yanked away - I’m all ears.

These aren’t $200 stereos FFS.

It’s the flagrant manner they do it in is what makes me chuckle.

You a Musketeer?

Last edited:
Reactions: ord3r
If you can name anyone who charges for a PRIMARY feature that then isn’t present and can’t yeh you when it will be or charges TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for a feature that can’t do what it says and may never do or basic features that are not even options that don’t function or are randomly yanked away - I’m all ears.

You a Musketeer?

Musketeer? Yawn.

What exactly is the PRIMARY feature that isn't present? I'm assuming the rest is about FSD, which has always been sold as "coming in the future."

Yawn.
When I got my car, the sales person told me that he is not sure when these features will be enabled.

If you can name anyone who charges for a PRIMARY feature that then isn’t present and can’t tell you when it will be or charges TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for a feature that can’t do what it says and may never do or basic features that are not even options that don’t function or are randomly yanked away - I’m all ears.

You a Musketeer?
PRIMARY feature is one that is needed to drive the automobile. Which one are you talking about?

Yawn.

This is 100% spot on. I find it comparable to people that are in love with Apple products. Don't get me wrong Tesla and Apple have good products but fanatics get blinded by their brand loyalty.

I've got the new model y and it's on a company lease. If I had purchased the car with a lump of cash I'd be spitting feathers at the moment.

The removal of the features mentioned in this thread wouldn't be tolerated by drivers of other manufacturers cars but this whole "this is what Tesla do", "you've been musked" , "it's ok Tesla are leading the way with tech" is all quite laughable.

This is 100% spot on. I find it comparable to people that are in love with Apple products. Don't get me wrong Tesla and Apple have good products but fanatics get blinded by their brand loyalty.

I've got the new model y and it's on a company lease. If I had purchased the car with a lump of cash I'd be spitting feathers at the moment.

The removal of the features mentioned in this thread wouldn't be tolerated by drivers of other manufacturers cars but this whole "this is what Tesla do", "you've been musked" , "it's ok Tesla are leading the way with tech" is all quite laughable.
Exactly 100% this.

What are you even talking about right now? I simply said I wouldn't buy a car without the features I want working at the time I take delivery. So if parking assistance were important to me I would not buy a no USS car on the hope that their Vision solution will be worth a crap and be implemented soon.
They should tell you what features don't work before delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.