Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just saw one in Los Gatos, CA tonight. Cool, but still terrible build quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JoshG

Jun 23, 2011
Followed this Cybertruck tonight in Los Gatos, CA. Lost it for a bit, then saw it parked on the main downtown street. Wild to see in person... it's not super tall, but it just seems freakishly long in person.

IMG_2097.jpeg

IMG_2099.jpeg

IMG_2102.jpeg

IMG_2111.jpeg

IMG_2109.jpeg

IMG_2113.jpeg

It was missing its aero caps, too.

Something I just realized - the sidewalls of those tires have the aero caps shape pressed in them, and it *SEEMS* like the tires have to be mounted in alignment with the heptagonal hub shape in the rim in order for the aero caps to line up with the sidewall shape correctly.

That's an interesting and curious choice. Seems like it's going to be a hassle for a lot of tire shops.

It was missing its aero caps, too.

Something I just realized - the sidewalls of those tires have the aero caps shape pressed in them, and it *SEEMS* like the tires have to be mounted in alignment with the heptagonal hub shape in the rim in order for the aero caps to line up with the sidewall shape correctly.

That's an interesting and curious choice. Seems like it's going to be a hassle for a lot of tire shops.
I noticed the tire pattern in previous photos and videos matches the wheel covers. Seems like in these photos, the red dot on the tire is mounted opposite the wheel's valve stem to help align them.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec