Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To refold the sunshade:

Hold shade from the top with hands at about 1/3 and 2/3 of the way across (maybe twice shoulder width apart), palms facing out. Begin to arc your hands together to an imaginary spot in front of the center of the shade, while twisting your grip to face palms inward. As you bring your hands together, the shade will self fold.

It works the same way as some pool floats and foldable soccer goals.

Good luck!

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: commasign and ssq
To refold the sunshade:

Hold shade from the top with hands at about 1/3 and 2/3 of the way across (maybe twice shoulder width apart), palms facing out. Begin to arc your hands together to an imaginary spot in front of the center of the shade, while twisting your grip to face palms inward. As you bring your hands together, the shade will self fold.

It works the same way as some pool floats and foldable soccer goals.

Good luck!
Good one Ohmman. And the side with notch for mirror is side you hold. Below left is correct folded shape, and what I had before while folding inside the car, it's messed up.
IMG_9949.JPG IMG_9948.JPG

I think it is the patting on the falcon wing door. If you open the door and look at it from the front (opposite side of the red button) you will see some padding with black circles in the middle. Mine is loose and I told service to tighten it but they didn't. I don't know why I even take it into service, after 3 appointments for 10 issues only 2 were resolved

Captain Double Sunshade

So I installed the Tesla sunshade underneath the heat shield (no Elon Musk autograph ):), it looks fine but it could be better. I applied it under the existing heat shield which makes it less of an eyesore. Here some high quality photos:

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    826 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg