Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a personal side note, I am happy that the earliest adopters got something "extra" besides the fact they are driving theirs now of course. After seeing a rear picture of the spoiler up, I can see the dark glass underneath looks better than having a painted panel as in the Design Studio, especially for lighter colored cars, so I can be happy again drinking the Tesla kool-aid. What's a bit more cleaning out of that trunk gutter. Seriously, I assume there is some channel for water to drain whether active or non-active? If so, we will have to make sure that does not get clogged with stuff.

Here are some pics will get some better ones tomorrow

Does your X make a clicking sound when you access it from MyTesla?

I have a loud AC on mine though not noticeable inside the X only outside

Yes, that is definitely a fixed rear spoiler. Not at all like the active ones :(

Yes, I have noticed that the MX "clicks" when using summon mode. My GUESS is that it is the servo motors that are "driving" the car.

Congrats on your delivery! Now the real fun begins...

First of all, congrats on your delivery!!

Regarding the fixed spoiler.....

Looks like there's a channel that will need to be cleaned out regularly...can imagine all sorts of gunk collecting under the spoiler...or is that an unfounded concern?

Time will tell but I just hope their is a methods for rain to drain

I guess having that heavy metal towing hitch bouncing around in the frunk was causing some surprising thumps. But a nice touch to be sure. Now, if you find a sleeping bag as well, you'll be all set!

It seems to stick like Velcro to the lining on the frunk. Will probably need to find a solution after the all-weather floor matts are out

so when you park it doesn't fold down?

Unfortunately No

Here are some pics will get some better ones tomorrow

Does your X make a clicking sound when you access it from MyTesla?

I have a loud AC on mine though not noticeable inside the X only outside

I just got my 90d non-pup last Saturday and it has a retractable spoiler. My production is April 16. That must have been the cut off for that feature.

Congrats on getting your car!

Can someone post a picture of an active spoiler so those of us without an X can compare?

Here they are.
IMG_1954.jpg
IMG_1952.jpg
IMG_1953.jpg

I got it, unfortunately I didn't get the sunshade but I got the X 90D (the next best thing). The sunshade is on the due bill along with the accessory hitch, though I have the tow hitch in a lunchbox placed in the frunk.

Before I talk about the X, I gotta talk about the sunshade. I need it, the tint is NOT sufficient. The delivery guy said it will be a roller shade and hopefully it will be available next month. I have a 10% ceramic tint install scheduled for tomorrow, will let you know how that goes. I also ordered the heat shield for the top of the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD. I still need to find a place that will make the custom sunshades as @ohmman suggested. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

So I got the X 90, VIN 57xx. It should have came last moth but it was delayed. The spoiler unfortunately is not active, the car was manufactured on May 16. Overall build quality seems good, I noticed the seals a little messed up on the passenger FWD but I will just ignore it, doesn't seem to be a big deal. Wind noise is identical to my Acura, it is alright with me.

The doors seemed to behave, luckily it opens in my garage. I will be posting a bunch of videos, hopefully one this weekend and will let you guys know how it goes. The handling and drive quality is much better than my Acura.

Does anyone know how to summon while you are in the car? I would like my car to park itself in the garage while I am in it.

Will be updating this thread with additional experiences, photos and videos.

What else...
It came with 17 miles
Double vision - didn't drive it at night yet
Need the SUNSHADE ASAP!!!!
Does the trunk curve match up to the sides or still look like this picture?

Attachments

• atail.jpg
    atail.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 126
After seeing a rear picture of the spoiler up, I can see the dark glass underneath looks better than having a painted panel as in the Design Studio, especially for lighter colored cars, so I can be happy again drinking the Tesla kool-aid.
Additionally, the glass has to be there. It's part of the rear visibility. It's hard to tell from the pictures and the rear of the vehicle, but you see both above and below the spoiler. They wouldn't be able to make that body color.

• Informative
Reactions: jason1466
That's really interesting about your spoiler. While I haven't taken delivery of my 90D yet, it is on the lot. I took this pic yesterday... spoiler is in up position, but doesn't look welded like yours. I assume it's still fixed, but maybe they used a different mechanism on mine (VIN 35xx)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 123
That's really interesting about your spoiler. While I haven't taken delivery of my 90D yet, it is on the lot. I took this pic yesterday... spoiler is in up position, but doesn't look welded like yours. I assume it's still fixed, but maybe they used a different mechanism on mine (VIN 35xx)
Doesn't it look like it goes up and down (and nothing in between)? Why have that padded spot then? Is that what that rubber-looking round thing is under the spoiler??

I'm a bit confused as to what it's supposed to be. I thought the "fixed" would be up while driving, down when parked--and the "active" spoilers actually moved WHILE driving. Guess that would be too complicated, LOL. Maybe they should have put the third brake light in the glass so it doesn't move around and change position.

Reactions: mlouie23
I probably will do Photosync but I am going to wait until tesla figures out the ghosting in the windshield. My hunch and my SC's is they will replace the windshield on X's that are having an issue. It is now a known issue with tesla.