Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The trunk area is empty, it can't be the spoiler either. Maybe something on the inside? I took out the license plate frame but still
You need to get someone to ride with you and help pinpoint it. My number one thought is a live rattlesnake, which is going to eat your face next time you drive. So it'll be good to have that second person to take over.

The trunk area is empty, it can't be the spoiler either. Maybe something on the inside? I took out the license plate frame but still

All I can think of is the internal components are loose. Some piece fell off or tangling around inside the panel somewhere in the back. You won't see it unless you pull everything apart. Put on your fix list and let SC take a look at it. Good luck bud.

I got some photos in, I had trouble uploading it to the forum so I uploaded it to my old Wordpress site: Tesla Model X - Photos

Issues I noticed so far:

1. The tint messed up the front driver & passenger door calibration, the service center does not have an appointment available for 3 weeks! Seriously!! Can I just take my car and walk-in, it should be a 4 minute process?

2. The passenger FWD is slightly out of alignment and seals are popping out, no functionality issues.

3. Heard some rattling noise in the trunk at highway speeds, not sure what the issue is but I took out the license plate bracket hopefully that will solve the issues.

4. Is there suppose to be a cable under the drivers seat?

I will be posting more photos and videos down the line.

The tint is 10% everywhere except for the front driver and passenger which is 30%. It is ceramic
Good looking car. It seems they have not addressed the trunk fit issues and more. Looks like it needs to be wider to match panel curve. It seems their door seals are doomed for failure. Too many small curves & contour changes to cause air leaks. I get noise through the door which changes every time I open and close the door. I'm concerned about what the car will sound like with 30,000 miles and more. I do know the FWD doors will always be cool! It's safe to say no other car will ever have FWD's. Get them while you can!

Is this metal thing suppose to be their?

Attachments

• IMG_3791.JPG
    IMG_3791.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3790.JPG
    IMG_3790.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 96