Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My temporary sunshade :) It would have been better if it matched the black interior but it does the job.
The shades for the skylight on the FWD aren't really an eye-sore and very unnoticeable however the shade on the panoramic windshield needs to be upgraded. For $40 it is not a bad deal, however my total was $61 since they charge $16 for shipping (ripoff).

Attachments

• IMG_3796.JPG
    IMG_3796.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3795.JPG
    IMG_3795.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3794.JPG
    IMG_3794.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: SSD420
Got some videos in:

Please let me know if you would like me to post anything else, I am open to suggestions. I got the heatshield today, will post pictures tomorrow. Sorry for the bad background music choice, I had to find something that YouTube wouldn't complain about.

The whole time i was pulsing the video to check for misalignments, you know what! It's pretty good! I am very confident now for new Xs coming off the line! My X might be white now, soon will be RED!!!

BTW Huge Congras to you!

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: K-MTG and chloedog
The whole time i was pulsing the video to check for misalignments, you know what! It's pretty good! I am very confident now for new Xs coming off the line! My X might be white now, soon will be RED!!!

BTW Huge Congras to you!

Good to know! I will post some close-ups after service fixes the few flaws that remiain. Hopefully that will be the last time my X goes in to the SC for repairs

Reactions: madodel
Hey captain, is that an obsidian or flat black? Any more videos of exterior you care to post? I ordered flat black and can't get enough of it. I love your videos!

I'm sure it'll also look really great to capture the fwd opening from the inside. Not many really has shot the X like you have.

That's a pretty tight clearance in the garage. I haven't had the guts to test summon in and out of my garage yet ... My garage is about 3 inches wider than the car with mirrors unfolded. I typically pull in and out with mirrors folded for a little extra clearance.

Reactions: Diavel
Hey captain, is that an obsidian or flat black? Any more videos of exterior you care to post? I ordered flat black and can't get enough of it. I love your videos!

I'm sure it'll also look really great to capture the fwd opening from the inside. Not many really has shot the X like you have.

It is solid black, will be posting more videos.

That's a pretty tight clearance in the garage. I haven't had the guts to test summon in and out of my garage yet ... My garage is about 3 inches wider than the car with mirrors unfolded. I typically pull in and out with mirrors folded for a little extra clearance.

Yea, I definitely have to fold the mirrors when parking. Summon worked once normally but now it only works when I allow narrow spaces. I have to line it up perfectly, it was about to hit the side mirror yesterday but luckily I stopped it just in time

What is the correct procedure to close the front door? I hit the button but when a guest sits in the car I cringe when I hear them slam the door. Is it okay to close the X door like a regular car door?
It supposed to be fine to close manually. That's how they did it at the SC. I believe it will actually become hung up in some unknown position mode if you do it enough. So do as advertised and take it back to SC often or just use the buttons and avoid SC visits.

Good to know, they will be replacing the motors in my passenger door so I was afraid that was the result of people slamming it but it seems it came like that from factory as the door is sagging slightly, which I previously thought it as a panel misalignment.