Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Karstyle Facelift Price Reduced to $2,500 on Website. Deposit reduced to $500.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only problem about this is will there be an custom xpel wrap cutout for the bumper? I know the new fascia has a lot of issues with rock chips showing up because of the clean design. The rock chips are more visible compared to the old style. This is where the wrap comes into play. Until I can verify someone has a pre cutout xpel wrap for this custom nosecone I can say I will not be buying. Good market though to address the demand of tesla owners wanting to upgrade the looks of their cars.

I just sold my 2013 but I have a facelift bumper waiting at the Burbank, CA service center. It does me no good because I'm not about to change the bumper cover on my newly leased P85D. The cost for the bumper is under $500. I believe it was $450 and some change. Paint would be $500 - $700. You'll likely need a few small trim pieces and brackets, all of which I'm happy to help you figure out. You can even come over to my house and we'll yank your bumper cover off, put the new one on and see what we need to get it completed. This can be done NOW. :) The cover is ready for me to pick up. My service guy is willing to get me what we need.

Your out of pocket cost on the low side would be $1000. On the high side it would be $1800 - $2000. Bottom line is you'd have the real deal and you'd be out of pocket for less than the Karstyle setup.

I'm offering my time and experience for free. I've owned two performance car companies and have 14 years experience in the field. So I'm not some guy just figuring things out. Someone just has to buy the bumper and tell me when they want to get down. I'm in the Hollywood Hills. This would need to be a Pre-AP, no parking sensor car. AP cars have an integrated radar sensor and parking sensors on the new bumper and that's a headache I'd only want to figure out after we know what it takes to get it to fit on the car as-is.

Why am I doing this? I think the retrofit can be done for about $1200 in realistic out of pocket cost with the majority of the expense being paint from a reputable shop, less than half of the Karstyle kit. I'd love to see this be a thing and I hate to see people needlessly spend more than they otherwise have to.

If anyone in SoCal wants to take me up on the offer shoot me a private message.

Last edited:
I just sold my 2013 but I have a facelift bumper waiting at the Burbank, CA service center. The cost is under $500. Paint would be $500 - $700. You'll likely need a few small trim pieces and brackets, all of which I'm happy to help you figure out. You can even come over to my house and we'll yank your bumper cover off, put the new one on and see what we need to get it completed. This can be done NOW. :) The cover is ready for me to pick up.

Your out of pocket cost on the low side would be $1000. On the high side it would be $1800 - $2000. Bottom line is you'd have the real deal and you'd be out of pocket for less than the Karstyle setup.

I'm offering my time and experience for free. I've owned two performance car companies and have 14 years experience in the field. So I'm not some guy just figuring things out. Someone just has to buy the bumper and tell me when they want to get down. I'm in the Hollywood Hills. Pre-AP cars preferred as I don't want the additional headache of figuring out AP hardware location initially and i suspect you guys will need to buy new radar sensors.

Why am I doing this? I think the retrofit can be done for about $1200 in realistic out of pocket cost with the majority of the expense being paint from a reputable shop, less than half of the Karstyle kit. I'd love to see this be a thing and I hate to see people needlessly spend more than they otherwise have to.

Oh shoot you are in SoCal...any plans of moving to Texas;)

Are you planning to make this big thing once this one becomes successful ? I applaud you for taking efforts to make it reasonable retrofit for pre-AP cars

Oh shoot you are in SoCal...any plans of moving to Texas;)

Are you planning to make this big thing once this one becomes successful ? I applaud you for taking efforts to make it reasonable retrofit for pre-AP cars

That's the beauty of it. There's nothing for me to sell. I just want the knowledge to be out there and once it is we can compile a parts list so that you can walk into your service center, order exactly what you need, bolt it on yourself or just bring it to your body shop. Everything would be from Tesla.

I just sold my 2013 but I have a facelift bumper waiting at the Burbank, CA service center. It does me no good because I'm not about to change the bumper cover on my newly leased P85D. The cost for the bumper is under $500. I believe it was $450 and some change. Paint would be $500 - $700. You'll likely need a few small trim pieces and brackets, all of which I'm happy to help you figure out. You can even come over to my house and we'll yank your bumper cover off, put the new one on and see what we need to get it completed. This can be done NOW. :) The cover is ready for me to pick up. My service guy is willing to get me what we need.

I'm offering my time and experience for free. I've owned two performance car companies and have 14 years experience in the field. So I'm not some guy just figuring things out. Someone just has to buy the bumper and tell me when they want to get down. I'm in the Hollywood Hills. This would need to be a Pre-AP, no parking sensor car. AP cars have an integrated radar sensor and parking sensors on the new bumper and that's a headache I'd only want to figure out after we know what it takes to get it to fit on the car as-is.

In North SD County. Might just take you up on this.

Reactions: playoutside
That they don't answer email should be a concern for all of us. What kind of company doesn't respond to inquiries from customers or potential customers? My answer is one that should not be trusted, especially since it's a new one.

(Had to chuckle at this one. Tesla itself rarely responds to emails, especially service center inquiries, but also the various customer-facing addresses at corporate hq... crickets. Does it mean Tesla should not be trusted?)

• Helpful
Reactions: NuG
That's the beauty of it. There's nothing for me to sell. I just want the knowledge to be out there and once it is we can compile a parts list so that you can walk into your service center, order exactly what you need, bolt it on yourself or just bring it to your body shop. Everything would be from Tesla.

I hope you will do a write up sharing your experience start-to-finish once you've done this. Offhand, I'm somewhat surprised that it's being attempted, only because I've read so much about the extensive differences in the frunk and mounting points that it didn't seem worthwhile. By the time you do this I will hopefully already have my Karstyle facelift on, so while I don't expect to benefit from it, I think the sharing of knowledge is the best part of this forum. I read lengthy posts about how it wouldn't be possible to do a Next Gen seat retrofit, which inspired me to research it, do the retrofit (along with SRS and build updates) and write up how I accomplished it. I'm really looking forward to reading about the first successful facelift retrofit.

I hope you will do a write up sharing your experience start-to-finish once you've done this. Offhand, I'm somewhat surprised that it's being attempted, only because I've read so much about the extensive differences in the frunk and mounting points that it didn't seem worthwhile. By the time you do this I will hopefully already have my Karstyle facelift on, so while I don't expect to benefit from it, I think the sharing of knowledge is the best part of this forum. I read lengthy posts about how it wouldn't be possible to do a Next Gen seat retrofit, which inspired me to research it, do the retrofit (along with SRS and build updates) and write up how I accomplished it. I'm really looking forward to reading about the first successful facelift retrofit.

I haven't seen a substantial difference in mounting points. The guy at the Burbank service center said they were looking at it after I ordered it and seemed to think it would be pretty straight forward. It is a risk. I don't want to mislead anyone. But you'd know for sure after having the bumper cover. So the real risk is the cost of that. Once we fit that to the car then we'd know right away if it's a for sure no go or if it's a yes, what exact trim pieces we'd need. It is 100% doable as Tesla did on a test mule.

I haven't seen a substantial difference in mounting points. The guy at the Burbank service center said they were looking at it after I ordered it and seemed to think it would be pretty straight forward. It is a risk. I don't want to mislead anyone. But you'd know for sure after having the bumper cover. So the real risk is the cost of that. Once we fit that to the car then we'd know right away if it's a for sure no go or if it's a yes, what exact trim pieces we'd need. It is 100% doable as Tesla did on a test mule.

Thanks, Mike. I'm excited to see how it goes. I wish you were in Atlanta; I'd do it in a minute. I wonder if the test mule had a factory look in the frunk compartment. I'm curious if they would have gone to that effort, and that's the area that I imagine will pose the biggest problem. But, as you said, if it is just a matter of buying the correct trim pieces, it should be doable.

This is really cool, is the hood needs to be changed too?

If you wanted the EXACT look but the only difference in the angle of the curve at the front lip. It's straighter on the facelift cars than the classics. I bet you'd never notice the difference unless someone pointed it out though and even then you'd probably need another car next to it to make sure. But that's an issue the Karstyle bumper would have as well.

If you wanted the EXACT look but the only difference in the angle of the curve at the front lip. It's straighter on the facelift cars than the classics. I bet you'd never notice the difference unless someone pointed it out though and even then you'd probably need another car next to it to make sure. But that's an issue the Karstyle bumper would have as well.
Exactly!!!
Most of all because, as you correctly stated, on the test mule I don't think they fix the hood too...am I wrong Mike?

Thank you!

This is a great project ... please take photos of the process and share on TMC. :cool:

Your out of pocket cost on the low side would be $1000. On the high side it would be $1800 - $2000. Bottom line is you'd have the real deal and you'd be out of pocket for less than the Karstyle setup. If anyone in SoCal wants to take me up on the offer shoot me a private message.

Here is an old Model S with the refresh face posted awhile back. Looks like new front and hood.

Attachments

• IMG_2627.JPG
    IMG_2627.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: scole04 and Beryl