Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Karstyle Facelift Price Reduced to $2,500 on Website. Deposit reduced to $500.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just saw this from Unplugged, it incorporates their aggressive front spoiler but does not come painted.
Unplugged Performance | Unplugged Performance Refresh Front Fascia System

There is a painted option for our Refresh Front Fascia for an additional charge. We typically recommend unpainted parts as they are easier to transport and install. Painted parts can be damaged in transit and when installed by a body shop most shops will test fit a piece (Front Fascia in this case) make adjustments, then remove and paint. Test fitting and making adjustments to a painted part allows for damage to occur in the process. Paint match is also best achieved when the Fascia is mounted to the car as its possible to mismatch paint color with pre painted parts

Looks good ... a bit more aggressive than the OEM Tesla bumper

just saw this from Unplugged, it incorporates their aggressive front spoiler but does not come painted.
Unplugged Performance | Unplugged Performance Refresh Front Fascia System

upload_2016-6-15_10-36-44.png

Last edited:
Anyone with a Karstyle deposit recieved an update as to delivery timing? I prefer the Karstyle version with the less aggressive angles but perhaps it would grow on me. Timing is a consideration as well, I want to replace my old school nose cone like yesterday.

I also note with Karstyle you need to use your existing bumper skirt, whereas Unplugged replaces the entire bumper. Not an issue for me as I painted my skirts anyway, but might be a consideration for some.

Anyone with a Karstyle deposit recieved an update as to delivery timing? I prefer the Karstyle version with the less aggressive angles but perhaps it would grow on me. Timing is a consideration as well, I want to replace my old school nose cone like yesterday.

I also note with Karstyle you need to use your existing bumper skirt, whereas Unplugged replaces the entire bumper. Not an issue for me as I painted my skirts anyway, but might be a consideration for some.

Good design considerations ... here is a visual comparison. :cool:

upload_2016-6-18_14-48-1.png

upload_2016-6-18_14-52-42.png

I'm strongly considering getting this facelift for my Signature Model S. I wrote to the company with three questions:

1. Is the modification reversible? (e.g. if I sell the car and the buyer prefers the original look, or if the new face gets scraped up in a fender bender)
2. The earliest S'es had a slightly different nosecone than later ones; does this affect the compatibility of the new facelift?
3. Can they do it in Signature Red? :D

Also (just occurred to me), how does this modification affect access to the tow hook, which I believe is under the original nosecone? (Or the 12v jumpstart connections, though that's less critical.) I'll post if/when I hear back the answers!

My random thoughts/answers:
1) It should be. The Karstyle site indicates that the new bumper is attached using the standard mount-points. I see no indication that you wouldn't be able to remove this and re-install the stock bumper.
2) Website says that it fits cars from 2012-2015, which would include the Signature models with the split nosecone. I would guess that the Karstyle kit would fit those as well. The differences were only cosmetic - the actual black nosecone was in 4 parts instead of 2.
3) Now that's a good question!
4) I think I saw a cutout/pop-out for the tow hook.
Let us know if you find more answers!

This from the source: There will be a big update to Karstyle's website in about two-weeks’ time. It will show how the bumper was developed, and the teams and processes involved. It will also explain how issues such as the battery access and towing eye were dealt with. Shipping is likely to occur in September but all of that info will be available on the updated web site.