Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keba KeConact P20 Series Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After taking what I thought was way too long sorting out contracts and RCM approval for importation I am now just waiting for my first shipment of units to arrive so i'm taking pre-orders if anyone in interested.

kebaCommingsoon-2.jpg

There are 3 levels of features

e-series

• single phase (240v) select-able current 10,13,16,20amps via dip switches
  • Not really suitable for Tesla and the Tesla genuine charger is better value for money.
  • LED status bar

b-series
  • single phase (240v) or 3 phase (415v) select-able current 10,13,16,20,25,32 amps via dip switches max. power 22kW
  • Power Meter via Ethernet RJ45 debug port
  • Remote start switch
    • If you want to control when your begin charging using a low voltage and current switch ie using a raspberry pi or arduino this is the way to do it safety. why? to start charging when your solar system produces above 2400W or create a coin operated EVSE etc..
  • Optional RFID cards up to 20 cards can be programmed.
  • If multiple units are installed able to change which phase J1772 cables use via dip switches for phase balancing

c-series
  • Same features as the b-series but with a 2nd Ethernet port for:
  • Home automation with UDP
    • This is what I can't wait to start playing with myself this allows you to dynamically adjust the available amps to the car and stop and start charging. so where i want to implement this is to integrate my solar panel inventor and increase the the kW available to the car to decrease my solar export and gird imports. This is also a must have for anyone off grid so you can avoid doing damage to your house batteries allowing you to shed car load when other activity happen in your house, heaters, washing , showers etc... (programming guide on the keba website)
  • Load Management for Multiple units
    • Paired with a M10 Load management controller this is a keba system that allows you do have more charging stations than your have capcity for and allows you to manage the load given a 130amp feed you can install 5-6 units instead of 4, and the controller will assign 25 amps to each unit to stay under 130amps if you have 5 teslas charging or 32 amps to 2 units and 3 units 20amps if it's on a first come first served basis. or lower the available amps during peak time to avoid high costs.
  • Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) Back-end server support
    • This is the for creating your own charging network like chargepoint it's an SOAP XML server client interface which allows unlimited RFID cards and remote monitoring of charging units. you can either code your own server or buy it as a cloud service from Bosch and other partners you can read more about OCPP on their website WELCOME TO THE OPEN CHARGE ALLIANCE | www.openchargealliance.org.nl

So i'm excited I don't expect the first shipment for another 4 weeks unfortunately.

If you want more information try the kecontact website KeContact and on my website Recharging NSW | Powering NSWs Electric Vehicles

-----------
For home charging you may be best to stick with your tesla EVSE if you don't want the advanced features, if your thinking about putting in a work place charger and please do think about it american studies have show that free workplace charging has increased EV adoption and it shows that your company is progressive and forward thinking and environmentally aware. I'm also pushing for type 2 sockets to become the defacto standard for Australia because it supports both the older EVs and the latest and greatest.

Last edited:
this allows you to dynamically adjust the available amps to the car and stop and start charging. so where i want to implement this is to integrate my solar panel inventor and increase the the kW available to the car to decrease my solar export and gird imports. This is also a must have for anyone off grid so you can avoid doing damage to your house batteries allowing you to shed car load when other activity happen in your house, heaters, washing , showers etc...

I have not entirely reliable mains power and roof / spare paddock space for panels, so it is a real possibility for me to go off-grid in the future and this would be a must as you say.

If anyone wants the convince of an attached cable for home charging etc.. the models with cables are roughly $400 more expensive than the socket version. but I won't be carrying them in stock so minimum 4 week wait time.

aside: has anyone asked tesla to provide them with a type 2 to type 2 cable like they have in Europe/other type 2 counties yet ? I want to know if it's worth me importing any cables or if Tesla will just hand them out to you for free.

by all means push Tesla to give them to you for free.

If anyone wants the convince of an attached cable for home charging etc.. the models with cables are roughly $400 more expensive than the socket version. but I won't be carrying them in stock so minimum 4 week wait time.

aside: has anyone asked tesla to provide them with a type 2 to type 2 cable like they have in Europe/other type 2 counties yet ? I want to know if it's worth me importing any cables or if Tesla will just hand them out to you for free.

by all means push Tesla to give them to you for free.
Tesla Oz offer these type 2 leads for $300 + shipping.

Ray

• Home automation with UDP
    • This is what I can't wait to start playing with myself this allows you to dynamically adjust the available amps to the car and stop and start charging. so where i want to implement this is to integrate my solar panel inventor and increase the the kW available to the car to decrease my solar export and gird imports. This is also a must have for anyone off grid so you can avoid doing damage to your house batteries allowing you to shed car load when other activity happen in your house, heaters, washing , showers etc... (programming guide on the keba website)

I am in the process of getting solar installed and was wondering if what you describe above was possible to suck up any surplus generation capacity before it gets fed back to the grid. Have you had a chance to experiment yet?

A also feel this is something that Tesla could possibly implement in firmware since most solar inverters seem to have a WiFi connection to relay the relevant information.

[/LIST]
[/LIST]

I am in the process of getting solar installed and was wondering if what you describe above was possible to suck up any surplus generation capacity before it gets fed back to the grid. Have you had a chance to experiment yet?

A also feel this is something that Tesla could possibly implement in firmware since most solar inverters seem to have a WiFi connection to relay the relevant information.

Tesla could implement if they released an API for charging i'm sure. most useful resource I've found is this guy who has done a really good job. page is in German Features smart charging + smart home + smart ev ( Google Translate ) I'm still working on the basics stuff.