Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kerbal Space Program is on sale (-40%) for two more days on Steam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

e-FTW

New electron smell
Aug 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA
Figured this audience might want to know this, if not already running KSP. Feel free to punt to Off Topic.

Am definitely jumping on this. 40% is nothing to sneeze at, and this is on the Steam store, not some random third-party site.
I've never run Steam, so wonder how well it will run on macOS.

Screenshot:
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 1.18.37 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
I tried it a year or so ago, and couldn't make it work properly on my MacBook Pro. The only way I can explain the problem I had was that when I was in KSP, my mouse (actually trackpad, both external and builtin) would only move left-right, not up-down, which made it useless. I didn't put much effort into reporting or troubleshooting though.

I tried it a year or so ago, and couldn't make it work properly on my MacBook Pro. The only way I can explain the problem I had was that when I was in KSP, my mouse (actually trackpad, both external and builtin) would only move left-right, not up-down, which made it useless. I didn't put much effort into reporting or troubleshooting though.
Seems to be working for me, in the limited time I've spent with it yesterday, on a 1st-gen 12-inch MacBook.

Figured this audience might want to know this, if not already running KSP. Feel free to punt to Off Topic.

Am definitely jumping on this. 40% is nothing to sneeze at, and this is on the Steam store, not some random third-party site.
I've never run Steam, so wonder how well it will run on macOS.

No DRM on KSP so once you download the full app, make a copy to another folder and another drive (make a backup outside of steam). You can run it without launching steam first.

I got it a while back when it was on sale even more than it is today and I haven't updated to the latest version. 1.3.1 is current. I'm on the last 1.2.x version

You can always go on steam when a new version comes out and grab it and keep a revision history going in case you want to stay on an older version. If you like the new version better the old save files work in the new version.

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW