Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kerbside pole-mounted chargers are now a thing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to use the new EVX PoleCharger in Carillion Ave today, but both spots were ICE’d 🤬

Sydney City needs to paint the parking spots pronto like they did in Glebe.

If I was EVX I’d be ropeable over this - they are losing revenue because the parking restrictions are not being enforced.
Get the SnapSendSolve app and make a report.
it’s about six weeks since the Brown St unit went live
the two charger spots are ICEd most of the time - one car is there almost every day
I was reporting to the council regularly until I got a call from the head ranger asking me to stop

he said they act on every report
if there’s someone nearby it’s ok but otherwise they send a ranger to the spot
my photo isn’t enough evidence
My local council said something similar, but they didn't discourage people from sending photos and reporting parking offences.

Community members are encouraged to send photos with their reports to help officers identify offending vehicles in order to more clearly demonstrate what their report is about, and for intelligence purposes.

Reactions: schnaxxl
My local council said something similar, but they didn't discourage people from sending photos and reporting parking offences.

yep
I suspect council people feel overwhelmed with the scale of ICEing

I was reporting to the council regularly until I got a call from the head ranger asking me to stop

Far out - that’s pretty unsatisfactory. Ignore the problem and it will go away? 🙄

I lodged a complaint via SCC’s web form saying that these EVX parking spots should be painted blue with the EV symbol like the one at Glebe is. That seems to be a significant visual barrier that discourages ICEing. So even if the Rangers aren’t policing these spots regularly, the least they can do is mark the spots on the road.

I’ve had no response to my enquiry (the email autoreply promises a response within 10 business days - today is day 8 🙂) but I will post here if I get one.

Reactions: Hungry Mile
When we got the first Jolt charger hereby (in Mona Vale, Sydney) ICIng was regular. Each time I reported it a ranger went straight down. He was very responsive and would ring me to tell me what was going on. He also made strategic twice daily visits for a while to warn offending drivers. They painted them green and improved the signage and as far as I know there have been no problems since. Poor response from that other Council. Definitely paint them and surely a ranger could make a couple of random visits for a few days. I am sure the fines would more than pay the ranger salary and on-costs.

When we got the first Jolt charger hereby (in Mona Vale, Sydney) ICIng was regular. Each time I reported it a ranger went straight down. He was very responsive and would ring me to tell me what was going on. He also made strategic twice daily visits for a while to warn offending drivers. They painted them green and improved the signage and as far as I know there have been no problems since. Poor response from that other Council. Definitely paint them and surely a ranger could make a couple of random visits for a few days. I am sure the fines would more than pay the ranger salary and on-costs.
one problem is the lack of public visibility of the change or of the enforcement
the signs are small and a bit confusing
no paint on the road
they have paperless infringement notices and for a while they weren’t even chalking tyres

Reactions: Hairyman
IMG_6388.jpeg

We have this app called My Local and it has a section called “report it”. You can follow the bouncing ball to report anything and it gets sent to the right council with photos. I use it to report hazards, damage and when people park in the big yellow painted areas that say “no parking” at my local shops because inevitably at some stage some poor truck driver is going to get stuck and block the traffic up.

If my council actually had one EV charging point (we have none! And sounding councils have heaps, some old fuddy duddy needs to get voted out) and someone iced it this would work. Include the cars rego and they send them a parking ticket without having to get off their ass.

If my council actually had one EV charging point (we have none! And sounding councils have heaps, some old fuddy duddy needs to get voted out) and someone iced it this would work. Include the cars rego and they send them a parking ticket without having to get off their ass.
per my post above, the council advised that once they receive a photo they have to send a ranger to identify the vehicle in the space and issue an infringement
I presume this has followed legal advice that Joe Blogg sending a photo is insufficient evidence

Reactions: dronus