Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key fob with profile settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like YOUR THOUGHTS on how the new Custom FOB Driver Seat should work?
Here are my thoughts.
(The new update is almost there just a software tweak or two.)
Tesla could allow for a selectable 'EXIT' or 'HOME' profile. To aid ease of entry/exit.
- As you get to your car:
1 You get in the car and your FOB is sensed.
2. You step on the brake then the car adjusts your seat.
2a. If the car senses two FOBs it shows on the screen and lets you select the desired profile.
3. You buckle up and drive away.
- Upon reaching your destination:
1. The driver unbuckles the seat belt (Car could also look to see the door unlatch.)
2. The car adjusts to the preselected 'EXIT' or 'HOME' profile.

Maybe that's why updates take so long to turn around.

My recommendation to Telsa would be to default to the last driver profile unless that fab is not present in the vehicle.

Over a 2 year period, I can't think of a single time I was in the car and my wife was the driver.

Guys,

I hate to be obtuse, but would someone kindly go through the procedure for assigning each FOB to a separate driver profile?

Thanks in advance.
This is from memory, so I'm sure it's wrong, but it'll get you on the right path.

Get in the car with selected keyfob only
Click on your driver profile (your name at the top)
Go to profile settings (or something like that, the bottom button that opens it)
Somewhere down the middle of the screen where it lists your name, on the right it'll show the key fob name (I think they're like fob1 and fob2), and under it it'll say "link to profile"

This is from memory, so I'm sure it's wrong, but it'll get you on the right path.

Go to profile settings (or something like that, the bottom button that opens it)
Somewhere down the middle of the screen where it lists your name, on the right it'll show the key fob name (I think they're like fob1 and fob2), and under it it'll say "link to profile"

Just got the X on Friday. Have my settings linked to Fob 2 and my wife's to Fob 1, however, nothing happens from the Fob alone....still have to select the driver profile once in the car.....seems the Fob link is not working......?

Just got the X on Friday. Have my settings linked to Fob 2 and my wife's to Fob 1, however, nothing happens from the Fob alone....still have to select the driver profile once in the car.....seems the Fob link is not working......?
If your wife drove last, and her user profile was selected, approach the car with your key fob alone (not hers), open the drivers door and the seat/mirrors/etc. should change positions to your profile.

It works about 80%-90% of the time for me. It's not 100% success rate for whatever reason (it's not just me, lots of people on the forum say it doesn't work every time. but often enough)

Worked like a charm. Thanks

Reactions: Max*
So here's what I have discovered with the Fob issues. If Automatic Doors is selected, then the Fob does not sync with the car regarding driver profile settings; profile must be touched on the screen once in the car. Also, Automatic Doors seems to be global and not profile specific (I like it, my wife doesn't). I imagine Tesla will fix this with an update soon?

So here's what I have discovered with the Fob issues. If Automatic Doors is selected, then the Fob does not sync with the car regarding driver profile settings; profile must be touched on the screen once in the car. Also, Automatic Doors seems to be global and not profile specific (I like it, my wife doesn't). I imagine Tesla will fix this with an update soon?
Automatic doors? Are you talking about a Model X?

Or are you talking about the Model S's door handles extending? The profiles work with that setting.

Thanks for this, Max! I didn’t even know this was possible... Got mine set up today.

Reactions: Max*