Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key fobs.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that replacing the battery did not help. My car died at a shopping center and had to be towed. They had me put my keyfob in the car and remove the battery from it so the car would not detect the presence of the fob. Phone support then locked the car. When the tow driver came he had phone support unlock the car. He then inserted the battery and put the car in tow mode.

Ranger told me key fobs go bad. It was nothing we did, and one original fob worked fine. Replaced battery anyway
Both my key fobs died at same time and would not open driver door. Got it open and had to leave one fob in center console under 12v outlet to drive and leave unlocked after that. Ranger brought two new fobs and programmed them to car. Also replaced fwd top seal on the driver side and new window wipers as each were showing signs of deteriorating. Seals had been on order earlier so all was done at once in my garage for NC. Thanks Tesla.

BTW, do NOT leave your key fob in your jeans pocket when you throw it in the wash - the fobs don't like water apparently... After drying it out and putting in a fresh battery, it still works, but the X constantly shows the "replace key fob battery soon" notice.

Also, I purchased replacement batteries from Amazon recently and got a bad batch - had to re-order another one to get my good (non-laundered) fob to work. Maybe I should have paid more than $3.89 for the batteries??