Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Known working voice commands?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the voice commands for navigation not work with favorites? I ahve "Mom and Dad" saved as a favorite address and when I say "Navigate to Mom and Dad", it looks for restaurants and several other businesses that contain that name but does not bring up the favorite as an option even. Anyone else have any tip to get this working?

Turning on/off wipers should be a priority.
I disagree with that prioritization, as turning on wipers is one simple button push (end of the left stalk). Press and release for a wipe, hold down continuously for continuous wipes. AND pressing that button automatically moves the on screen cards to the wiper settings if they need to be modified.

Doing the same with voice would also require one button press (right steering wheel), then speaking, pausing for silence, waiting for the recorded audio to be sent to the mothership to be converted to text and then parsed as a command would take much much longer than just pushing that left stalk in the first place. And wouldn't work in periods of non-connectivity with the mothership.

By leaving the wipers on Auto, most of the time there is no need for any of that, the wipers come on as needed.

• Informative
Reactions: bredi
Sure, no reason not to be able to voice control all the HVAC settings. I just hadn't yet needed to adjust those while driving (currently using auto mode and so far it's not terrible), and the up/down arrows for changing temp are pretty small areas to hit without looking.

It would also be nice if I could press the button and "hey google" activate and converse with the google assistant on my phone, i.e. "hey google broadcast I'm on the way" (which will let my wife know via our Google Home (minis) that I'm leaving work and heading home, and if she wants me to do any shopping or pick up food on the way home she can call me). I can call her, but she often leaves her phone laying around in another room... though I'm not sure if this is feasible without some kind of carplay/android auto support. I couldn't do this in my previous car with BT so I'm not sure if it's actually doable.

Right now I'm just popping open the phone charge area lid, flipping open my phone (I have a flip cover on it - HTC Dot View), and then I can "hey google" at it bypassing BT.

Sure, no reason not to be able to voice control all the HVAC settings. I just hadn't yet needed to adjust those while driving (currently using auto mode and so far it's not terrible), and the up/down arrows for changing temp are pretty small areas to hit without looking.

It would also be nice if I could press the button and "hey google" activate and converse with the google assistant on my phone, i.e. "hey google broadcast I'm on the way" (which will let my wife know via our Google Home (minis) that I'm leaving work and heading home, and if she wants me to do any shopping or pick up food on the way home she can call me). I can call her, but she often leaves her phone laying around in another room... though I'm not sure if this is feasible without some kind of carplay/android auto support. I couldn't do this in my previous car with BT so I'm not sure if it's actually doable.

Right now I'm just popping open the phone charge area lid, flipping open my phone (I have a flip cover on it - HTC Dot View), and then I can "hey google" at it bypassing BT.

Id like things that are not on the main screen. So temp can easily be swiped up and down, done. Getting to fans, or AC is in the sub menu.

As for okay google (hey Siri) I find I have to activate it on the device, then it does go through the in car microphone and BT integration. On my other cars (pcar, Benz) simply holding the activate voice button a bit longer than usual takes me right to okay/hey functionality in the built in, but with an on screen like in the M3 not sure where we would get that. could be maybe a double touch? tap once, in car, rapid double tap - activate on device voice rec?

Reactions: BioSehnsucht
It would be nice if the Tesla moved forward with voice as a personal assistant and did stuff like greeted you when you got into the car and asked you questions that were important or relative to what you were doing. For example, if I was potting a trip and it knew that the supercharger was not close to food it could ask you if you wanted a bite to eat before stopping to charge.

It would be funny if it also commented on other noisy cars it heard. But making it an intelligent personal ai assistant would be awesome. A definite throw back to kit from night rider.

It would be nice if the Tesla moved forward with voice as a personal assistant and did stuff like greeted you when you got into the car and asked you questions that were important or relative to what you were doing. For example, if I was potting a trip and it knew that the supercharger was not close to food it could ask you if you wanted a bite to eat before stopping to charge.

It would be funny if it also commented on other noisy cars it heard. But making it an intelligent personal ai assistant would be awesome. A definite throw back to kit from night rider.

My first car was an '86 Nissan Maxima and it did talk to you for certain things....i'll never get that "LIghts Are On, Lights Are On" alarm out of my head! it was cool back then when a chime would've worked fine

Wow just looked at my post and realized all the typos. :(

I did get the entertainment system to switch from USB to my local radio station once, but I could not get it to do it again. I think I said "Play radio WMMR" (which is the radio station's call letters). I may have also used the frequency. I will try it again to see if I can do it again.

Easier than navigating through the touchscreen to touch the Radio button. I would like more voice commands to go back and forth between entertainment options.

Reactions: scottf200