TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Last call for a custom RWD Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Carl, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Carl

Carl Supporting Member

According to this article from Electrek, no more custom orders for RWD's as from next week!

So if you wanted an RWD with the latest bells & whistles, a 4.3s acceleration (and with a bit of luck even an 85 kWh battery) at the latest possible production date, looks like you'll have to decide before Sunday!

2. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

This might be it for me. I just test drove RWD 75 and it’s prett sweet. Nimble and plenty fast. Might hold resale better as an extinct species. Back to the configurator, Batman!

• Like x 2
  3. arcus

arcus Member

I like the thought of my few months old car as a classic :D

• Funny x 1
  4. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Wow, I just got in under the wire! :)

5. Carl

Carl Supporting Member

Exactly. S75 does 4.6 secs 0-100km/h (the "Classic" P85 did 4.5 secs).

I for one liked the handling of my "Classic" more than that of my current 85D (less motor whine, no vibrations in steering wheel from front motor, overall more fun with accelerations, ...), and am sorry to see RWD go. I'd buy one tomorrow if it came with a 85 kWh battery.

• Like x 2
  6. seenhear

seenhear Member

come again? how might one get an 85kwh battery?

7. Carl

Carl Supporting Member

#7 Carl, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    In Europe, there were people who ordered a 75 and ended up with a (probably software-limited) 85, over the last weeks. In terms of range @100%, that doesn't make any significant difference but what does make a difference is charging speed at Superchargers between 75kWh/350V and 85kWh/400V.

Put simply, what would be a 10 hours trip in a 'real' S75 would be a 9.5 hour trip in an S85 or a software-limited S75, as a result of better charging speeds. To compare: it would be a 9 hours trip with a S100 (according to A Better Routeplanner) but that battery, in Europe, costs 28,000 EUR more.

• Informative x 1
  8. tpham07

tpham07 Member

i think it was limited to like 6 people in one country, probably a fluke since there has been no other reports anywhere else nor any acknowledgement from Tesla.

9. vigge50

vigge50 Member

Hop I’m not to late but several people in Europe that have order Model S 75D and are waiting for delivery have get a price drop of nearly $5k. For they how really want RWD it’s time to order but it’s a risk that your car have loss a few thousand even before delivery if you order one now.

10. TacC

TacC Member

CNBC put up some great click bait today. Had this video and some similar verbiage on their chyrons. Classy move.

upload_2017-9-21_22-47-28.png

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Member

Hell, I haven't even picked mine up and it's a classic already! o_O

• Funny x 2
  12. Irishpilot

Irishpilot Member

I wouldn't count on the 85kW battery. My Tesla just came off of production yesterday and has the 75kW code, not the 85kW code seen in other threads.

13. Ken7

Ken7 Member

More fake news from one of the leaders in fake news.

14. Geo7121

Geo7121 New Member

I'm picking up my Midnight silver RWD MS75 with enhanced AP this Monday September 25th, didn't see the need for AWD as I was taught well how to drive in snow and, the fact that it's lighter, it's a less complex car not to mention $5k cheaper is a no brainer. I can apply the savings toward a future MS.

• Like x 4
  15. Jamflem

Jamflem New Member

Where do you find the code?