Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last car before you ordered your model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8E08860D-5ACC-4B1E-BC32-3FFB4C829AC5.jpeg
5CE0E9FA-B2D0-4D5F-8F3E-E4844C398542.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Murdered out B7 Audi A4 Avant titanium on coilovers, S3 injectors, APR HPFP, tune, k04 turbo, … loved that car to death, literally: had to part ways after chronic oil burning, compression loss, blown turbo, … money pit. Stress and anxiety over keeping it running put me in the seat of a Model 3. The Audi was absolutely badass, but the M3 costs nothing to own and runs rings around the A4.

I drove a 1997 BMW M3 Coupe prior to purchasing my 2018 Model 3. The M3 had coil overs and some dinan performance parts (enough for the badge, but no supercharger)

I had the head gasket replaced at 140k miles and when the replacement head gasket started leaking coolant at 230k miles, I figured it was time for a new car.

It’s been quite a change going from a car that had almost no creature comforts, a tape deck and a very manually operated car to one that can almost drive itself with fancy apps.

Still have the BMW M3, looking for a replacement motor so it can become a dedicated track car. Haven’t really felt the need to drive it cause the Model 3 handles very well with way more power.

Edit: To add to this, every time someone talks about a Tesla catching fire, I roll my eyes because I remember when my BMW almost caught fire when a ton of oil leaked onto the exhaust manifold.

Gen 5 Camaro SS. Was a sweet car, absolutely loved it. But the model 3 is faster, and it’s nice to be able to see the ground from the driver’s seat. Also was killing me every time I went to the gas station - like burning wads of cash. Ordered the model 3 and sold the Camaro the next day - never looked back.