Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last "Early December Delivery" to be delivered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PattyChuck

Model S P100D, Model X P90D
Jan 24, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
Since there seems to be a lot of interest in setting a Tesla record, whether it is last Sig to be delivered or first 60kW to be delivered, I am curious to know who thinks they'll be the last "early December Delivery" to be delivered. In other words, only those position holders who responded "Yes" to the email stating the possibility of getting an early December delivery.

Just curious how many of us there are out there. My "latest" delivery window is Jan 27 - Feb 10, but I don't yet have a VIN.

Since there seems to be a lot of interest in setting a Tesla record, whether it is last Sig to be delivered or first 60kW to be delivered, I am curious to know who thinks they'll be the last "early December Delivery" to be delivered. In other words, only those position holders who responded "Yes" to the email stating the possibility of getting an early December delivery.

Just curious how many of us there are out there. My "latest" delivery window is Jan 27 - Feb 10, but I don't yet have a VIN.

I just found out that I even have a revised delivery window; I found out because I whined to my PS that about people with higher #s getting the car and me not even having a VIN. He replied, "Since your delivery window starts 1/28, I would expect to see a VIN around a week before that time." First I'd heard of this 1/28 window opening! BTW from what my PS said, I doubt you'll get a VIN before next week (maybe as late as early Feb., given the timeframe).

Lucky me, I'm out of town during my revised window. (sigh) ;-) LOL! Hopefully it comes later in the window (I e-mailed to warn him).

@kendallpb I think you'll win (a contest I'd like to lose). I have my VIN, and have had it for two weeks now, but my car is still sitting, completed (they say) in Fremont waiting for a log-jam to clear for the delivery team here in WA before shipping it.

Wow, this is a quiet thread.. is it possible we are the only three forum members who they still haven't gotten cars to? I think lolachampcar is another, but he hasn't chimed in here. Well, I hate to be the first one to drop out of our little club, but my car is on a truck on it's way up to me. They've given me a tentative delivery date of tomorrow (1/18). It's a quick two day drive from Fremont to here, and the weather is clear. I don't expect any delays (but you never now).

Wow, this is a quiet thread.. is it possible we are the only three forum members who they still haven't gotten cars to? I think lolachampcar is another, but he hasn't chimed in here. Well, I hate to be the first one to drop out of our little club, but my car is on a truck on it's way up to me. They've given me a tentative delivery date of tomorrow (1/18). It's a quick two day drive from Fremont to here, and the weather is clear. I don't expect any delays (but you never now).

I know of a few others who have posted in other threads (and some have sent me PM's), but no action on this thread. Maybe some people are worried Tesla is monitoring the forums too closely and punishing those who are vocally upset about missed delivery windows :tongue:

No reason to hate leaving our little group. Even though you're going from a very exclusive club to a somewhat-less exclusive club, I'd rather be in your shoes!! Congrats on the delivery tomorrow!

Wow, this is a quiet thread.. is it possible we are the only three forum members who they still haven't gotten cars to?

count me in.

it's weird, i didn't get the official "December email" as it's known around here. I was just emailed one night in early December to schedule delivery. I did, and was given the popular Dec 15-31 window.

not even close.

now i have a second window (see sig) of early February. But still no VIN to speak of.

PattyChuck, sounds like you and me are living shadow delivery experiences (aside from your much earlier reservation #).

I got a "December Delivery" email and am still waiting on my car. No carbon fiber, no leather. I called yesterday and got a your car should be shipping soon ... wait this seems wrong you have a Friday delivery date and your car is 'really close' but not everything is right. I got a call back saying my car is shipped and they are getting confirmation on the Friday delivery. I am calling my guy in 12 minutes to ask when my car might show up at my house.

Res 7,701
VIN 3182

85kWh non-performance
Green
19"
Pano
Textile
Single Charger
Upgraded sound
Tech package
air suspension
parcel shelf

no child seats
no paint armor
no HPWC

I got a "December Delivery" email and am still waiting on my car. No carbon fiber, no leather. I called yesterday and got a your car should be shipping soon ... wait this seems wrong you have a Friday delivery date and your car is 'really close' but not everything is right. I got a call back saying my car is shipped and they are getting confirmation on the Friday delivery. I am calling my guy in 12 minutes to ask when my car might show up at my house.

Res 7,701
VIN 3182

Whoa, that's crazy! (in an awesome kind of way). Congrats! I hope by "Friday" you mean tomorrow? These 'surprise' calls seem to be happening more and more. I've got a bet with a coworker that I won't see a car before Jan 31st. He fully believes that Tesla will call 'today' (although 'today' has been every day for two weeks now) to tell me my car is already in Chicago waiting to get delivered.

By the way, ElSupreme, is the picture in your sig a reference to xkcd?

Whoa, that's crazy! (in an awesome kind of way). Congrats! I hope by "Friday" you mean tomorrow? These 'surprise' calls seem to be happening more and more. I've got a bet with a coworker that I won't see a car before Jan 31st. He fully believes that Tesla will call 'today' (although 'today' has been every day for two weeks now) to tell me my car is already in Chicago waiting to get delivered.

By the way, ElSupreme, is the picture in your sig a reference to xkcd?

Yeah, my guessing (an educated guess from talking with my guy about 3 times a week since mid Dec) is that my car got finished on Dec 31 and was in the queue to have final inspection done. For whatever reason (too far down the queue, minor problem whatever) my car didn't get onto a truck in the mad dash on the 31st. Everyone at Tesla took a break for a couple of days in Jan. My car was one of the first ones onto a truck after the break and for whatever reason didn't get a 'put on truck' checkbox. My car was in limbo from Dec 26th, till yesterday in the 'about to ship' phase. And since that box was never checked I didn't 'progress' in Tesla's system. When I called I made him check again, and he noticed a delivery date and a 'bunch of stuff missing' on my file. I got a call about 3 hours later saying my car is 'really [physically] close' and has a scheduled delivery date of Friday (yes TOMORROW! :biggrin:) and he will try to confirm that. And should call me this morning.

I got a delivery email right after talking with him so I know at least some checkboxes were checked. I am about 90% sure Friday is probably right.

Yes my avatar is a direct copy (mirrored and added text) from an XKCD comic. I read it first thing on Mon-Wed-Fri, (and what-if.xkcd.com on Tues) even before I pull up TMC! :scared:

Interesting side note: my brother has used question 1 before on an actual test he gave his high school algebra class!

Yes my avatar is a direct copy (mirrored and added text) from an XKCD comic. I read it first thing on Mon-Wed-Fri, (and what-if.xkcd.com on Tues) even before I pull up TMC! :scared:

Interesting side note: my brother has used question 1 before on an actual test he gave his high school algebra class!

No shame in that! It's good to inject some humor in your life before reading TMC, which can at times, be very bad for blood pressure.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and prove that I'm clearly not a math major, but I'll venture a guess at death = 4.75 second... nope, just rechecked my math, that's totally wrong.

No shame in that! It's good to inject some humor in your life before reading TMC, which can at times, be very bad for blood pressure.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and prove that I'm clearly not a math major, but I'll venture a guess at death = 4.75 second... nope, just rechecked my math, that's totally wrong.

Holy cow I forgot all my physics/algebra/integration stuff. Had to think for a minute.

So you first have to find out if the velociraptor will catch you while accelerating to max speed (it will catch you before the 6.5 seconds it needs to accelerate, you only had a 40m head start surly you weren't expecting to survive long). This means you can ignore the top speed of the raptor.

You then use 1/2*a^2*t = D for the raptor (a = 4 m/s/s)
And then use vt + 40 = D for you (v = 6 m/s)

D is the same for both, you can solve for t.

You end up getting t= 6.217 and -3.217 (we don't care about backwards in time so toss out the negative)

So it turns out the raptor will catch you, at 6.217s, a fraction of a second before it reaches maximum velocity (6.5s). For a total distance of ~77.3 m from (the raptor's) start point. So you will only go 37m before the raptor overtakes you and puts you to a bloody death.

Based on the wording of the question I would assume the answer to be the distance that you were able to run which is ~37m.

Yes, when you get your VINs it's going to be interesting to see. Certainly one possibility is that there were "rectification issues" that delayed production. i.e. they were started on time, just not finished, because the car had a leak that needed to be fixed or something. If the VIN is <3200 that's definitely the case. People getting VINs for new cars these days are around 3800-3900. If you have a high VIN it will be much more of a mystery why they didn't start the car earlier.

... And after talking with Tesla, my car will be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday next week. And apparently my car has a 'rush' ticket on it for UPS in Atlanta, and should arrived freshly detailed, and in a covered carrier.

Congrats, ElSupreme! Also a belated congrats to jhs_7645, who got his car!

I think I'll prod my PS on Tuesday. My window starts the 28th and supposedly I'll get a VIN about a week out . . . well, a week from the window or a week from when it ships--no idea. The silence is deafening from Tesla. ;-(

I don't have a place to charge yet, though, so why am I in a rush, eh? ;-)

Congrats, ElSupreme! Also a belated congrats to jhs_7645, who got his car!

I think I'll prod my PS on Tuesday. My window starts the 28th and supposedly I'll get a VIN about a week out . . . well, a week from the window or a week from when it ships--no idea. The silence is deafening from Tesla. ;-(

I don't have a place to charge yet, though, so why am I in a rush, eh? ;-)

I know this is of absolutely no help, but from my few days of ownership I would say that you (plural you here) don't want this car until Tesla is ready to deliver it to you. I thought I wanted them to just throw my completed car on a truck and send the #^*+*€ thing to me, but after having an honest to goodness delivery experience, and being able to look the DS in the eyes during delivery, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got my car yesterday. I received my "December Delivery" email and responded to it within a couple of hours. Not sure how many other people are left.

Some teaser pics, I have about 50 or so photos I will try to post later today.

WP_20130121_025.jpg

Looks dark grey, even when very bright sunshine, on the shady side.

WP_20130121_027.jpg

Looks green on the sunny side.

Car is gorgeous. And OMFG silent below about 40mph.

The first thing I have listened to (and only) is NPR.