Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last "Early December Delivery" to be delivered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my car yesterday. I received my "December Delivery" email and responded to it within a couple of hours. Not sure how many other people are left.

Looks dark grey, even when very bright sunshine, on the shady side.

Looks green on the sunny side.

The more photos I see of the green, the happier I am with my color choice. I just made my last lease payment yesterday, so I've only got my current vehicle for 30 more days. I'll be pinging my DS to see if there is any update.

Congrats on the car!

I got my car yesterday. I received my "December Delivery" email and responded to it within a couple of hours. Not sure how many other people are left.

Some teaser pics, I have about 50 or so photos I will try to post later today.

Looks dark grey, even when very bright sunshine, on the shady side.

Looks green on the sunny side.

Car is gorgeous. And OMFG silent below about 40mph.

The first thing I have listened to (and only) is NPR.

Crossposting, but more pics!

Microsoft SkyDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Web Apps.

Got my VIN, 4080, today. It seems as though the car is already finished and just waiting to be loaded on a truck to Chicago. The VIN didn't show up in the system until this afternoon. Go figure.

I'm kinda on Cloud 9 right now...
Congrats, PattyChuck ... I got my VIN today too ... over the phone. You're about 100 ahead of me and mine should start rolling towards Chicago in a few days. What is your delivery window?

I know this is of absolutely no help, but from my few days of ownership I would say that you (plural you here) don't want this car until Tesla is ready to deliver it to you. I thought I wanted them to just throw my completed car on a truck and send the #^*+*€ thing to me, but after having an honest to goodness delivery experience, and being able to look the DS in the eyes during delivery, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hear you (I think)--I don't want it before it's ready. But I want it to be ready. LOL. One plus of it not being delivered yet is that now, the Rockville, MD service center's open and I can get delivery there . . . and my PS e-mailed me today (telling me that would be fine) and said he's going to try to swing for a personal home delivery for me! :-D I'd told him that was my first pref, then the service center, and last was the "random trucker drops it off" thing (not how I phrased it; I think I said "direct home ship" or something). Good things come to those who (are forced to) wait, etc. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats, ElSupreme! :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Pattychuck congrats. We have similar configs. I was res#7955, got VIN#4130 today. They estimated delivery in 10-14 days to DC. can't wait!

Awe-some! My #s only a bit beyond yours (mine's 8061), so this gives me hope that I will actually get a VIN this week. If it takes 10-14 days--I'm just outside of DC, so I presume a similar timeframe--that'd be perfect for me, since I'm out of town next week.

It's happened! I have VIN #4270 for res. #8061. :-D So excited I can barely stand it. Coincidentally, Solar City's out today, the day I got the VIN, doing solar panel site survey, energy/house efficiency survey, and some final surveying for installing the HPWC. So it's a very electric/solar day here. :biggrin: :cool:

hoping my car gets on the same truck as you guys, kendallpb and sandwood! a nice big DC/MD/VA shipment is overdue.

they said i would have a VIN by the end of this week but i'm afraid to call because i'm afraid they will start to not like me. :redface:

it's just as bad once you have a vin. I'm having to restrain myself from badgering my rep about whether the car is on a truck yet. So far i've been able to disguise my attempts for updates as things like "well, i need the vin for financing purposes", or "hey, now that i have check in hand, is the car ready?" I'm pretty sure i'm not fooling anyone.

:)

hoping my car gets on the same truck as you guys, kendallpb and sandwood! a nice big DC/MD/VA shipment is overdue.

they said i would have a VIN by the end of this week but i'm afraid to call because i'm afraid they will start to not like me. :redface:

Heh, I wouldn't worry about it. My PS, Andy, was like "no problem, ask me as much as you like, but I'll let you know when it's ready." They don't mind--they're used to it. ;-) I was told I'd probably get a VIN this week and I hadn't gotten around to asking, but I was back 'n forthing with Andy anyway and he told me today...I was going to ask point blank anyway, though.

I'll cross my fingers and toes that you get your VIN soon. Your res. # is a couple thou higher than us, but the assignment of VINs really seems quite random, so who knows . . . but if you were told by end of this week, I'd drop a line Monday if you haven't heard yet. (I like to give a biz day grace.)

it's just as bad once you have a vin. I'm having to restrain myself from badgering my rep about whether the car is on a truck yet. So far i've been able to disguise my attempts for updates as things like "well, i need the vin for financing purposes", or "hey, now that i have check in hand, is the car ready?" I'm pretty sure i'm not fooling anyone.

:)

LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing every time I called/emailed them. I haven't figured out a new excuse other than I'm excited like everyone else.

Add me to the list of DMV reservation holders waiting for a VIN. My delivery doesn't start until mid Feb so I may miss the truck you guys would be on.

I'm trying to send Tesla money now so that when I get the VIN it will be less time for the bank to wait on a final MVPA with updated downpayment. Anyone else go this route?

Forgot to look at the thread title. I didn't get a December email.

same here. me thinks our babies are on the same truck. cheers!

Coolness, congrats! :-D

- - - Updated - - -

So are you guys the last two? 2-3 weeks after me, that's not bad!

Well, the last two we know about here. ;-) It was a long few weeks...okay, it's not over yet, but the light at the end of the tunnel.

In fact, got an e-mail 11 minutes ago that I'm about to get to--"Your purchase paperwork is ready." I think it's the final MVPA. :cool: