Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last Oil Change before Trade-in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Yesterday I changed the Oil in my wife's car. In the process, the usual mostly unavoidable of getting used hot oil all over my hands (gloves, but still) and arms (not so covered). Thanks GM for this.

Thank you for the dedication you've shown in designing a horrible oil filter location. Just look to any boat or Chrysler 3.6 and see how an oil filter should work.
Thank you for teaching me the value of an EV. No oil changes. No spark Plugs. No engine air filters. Thousands of moving parts reduced to dozen or less.

Thank you for consuming 60% of the oil used for this legacy automobile, every oil change for the last 100,000 miles.

Thank you for costing us $3,000/year in gasoline.

I thought to myself, laying on the concrete floor of the now oil splattered garage, at 45 degrees..

Please.. Please Tesla... let this be the last time I have to do this...

...Please..?

#thanks.

I thought I did my last oil change three months ago. It's looking more and more like I'll have to do at least one more.

Is there any reason to save my oil pan? It'd be nice to be finished with that oily thing for good.

It'll also be nice to not have quarts and quarts of oil around any longer. Both 5W and 10W.

Reactions: gavine
I thought I did my last oil change three months ago. It's looking more and more like I'll have to do at least one more.

Is there any reason to save my oil pan? It'd be nice to be finished with that oily thing for good.

It'll also be nice to not have quarts and quarts of oil around any longer. Both 5W and 10W.

I have to keep my oil change stuff because I change the oil in my mother-in-law's car. That's the last of the oil change responsibilities for me. I can't wait to get rid of all of that too.

in Jiffy's defense, the headlight fluid was dangerously low...

Maybe I should mention GM has a known defect / flaw that causes this engine to burn a lot of oil.
They have an expensive fix they are more than happy to sell you, even though it should be a recall.

I'd say the EPA should track oil burn in 4 stroke cars, but... it would be faster to replace all cars with EVs than get that through the government.

in Jiffy's defense, the headlight fluid was dangerously low...

Maybe I should mention GM has a known defect / flaw that causes this engine to burn a lot of oil.
They have an expensive fix they are more than happy to sell you, even though it should be a recall.

I'd say the EPA should track oil burn in 4 stroke cars, but... it would be faster to replace all cars with EVs than get that through the government.

How much is a lot? I had a 2007 Mini Cooper S turbo, by 2011 it was burning a quart of oil every 1500 miles. I took it to service and they told me it was within spec to burn a quart of oil every 1000 miles, so I was within spec.