TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Last time to change color?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by bayrower, Feb 16, 2015.

1. bayrower

bayrower Member

I have a p85d arriving. Blue/tan though I didn't love any of the colors generally.

Now ow silver has my attention. Was red before that.

When is is the latest anyone has changed color?

2. Kofi

Kofi Member

Stay with blue on tan! We love that configuration.

3. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

Ask your DS. But I'm pretty sure you'll be hard pressed to get a color change more than a few weeks out from production start. Once production starts I'd assume it's impossible. Paint is a very early step.

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Likely too late to change but stick with your original purchase unless you are certain. It's easy to second guess things but once it arrives you'll forget any worries.

5. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

I agree with Kofi. Blue on tan.

6. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

I have the silver and love it, but your color combo sounds striking. Stick with it. This interior shows best in tan. I ordered black because it's more practical clean-wise.

7. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Changing color is among the hardest for Tesla to change. They slot production times by color. In the past when someone changes color they copy your build onto a different vehicle in the new color already scheduled for production, which changes your delivery date. With the new paint facility it might work differently, but the only people who know if its too late is Tesla.

8. RyanT

RyanT Member

I changed from Silver to Grey in the last couple of days. Production date is, and always has been April.

9. artsci

artsci Sponsor

True. I had originally ordered boring blue but when I saw the MC red on display at the Motor Trend car of the year event in December 2012, I changed to MC red, and just at the time I had been promised an early January delivery date for the blue. As first the change was refused by Tesla but I emailed George B and he made it happen. The change resulted in a 5 month delivery delay, largely because the factory didn't start building MC red cars until May 2013. But I didn't regret the delay for a minute as I love the MC red.