Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late 2016 / Early 2017 S Owners: How Are Your Daytime Running Lights Holding Up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!
Reporting here the latest quote as of today for the headlamps.
HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY
SAE UP - LEVEL LEFT
HAND(1053570-00-G)

HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY
SAE UP - LEVEL RIGHT
HAND(1053571-00-G)

.66 labor per side @ 141.90

Total... an eye-watering $4,731.80 (tax included in Texas).

A decade ago I sold a BMW M3 because it needed a preventive service that would have cost $4,000.00. I loved that car but to my taste, that was an insane amount of money for a service.

Some years later, I spent about that much in doing a lot of tuning to a 334D that still sits in the front of my house. It runs super strong and I call it the Batmobile.

I adore this Tesla not as much as the Bimmer mind you, that Bimmer has my sweat, blood, and tears, it took me 3 months to tune it. I am also not blind to the fact that pretty much every single headlamp since 2010 is sealed in a way that the only repair possible is to replace it. I recently replaced one in a Toureg for the same idiotic DLR issue.

I also know that the S is a "luxury" vehicle. I've owned such type vehicles for decades now, so I am not unfamiliar with the potential repair and maintenance costs. But why/how (other than because they can so F.You says Tesla) they charge this much on an essential piece... a safety piece at that, that is defective and continues to be defective?

Anyway... report over, rant over.
Too late now , but you could have paid half that much for far superior headlights if you had gotten these. Vendor - New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Reactions: Cheburashka
Reading that thread, doesn’t look like anyone has them yet and generally getting the runaround.
That's the tail lights, I have the headlights in my car.. they are awesome. It took me a couple hours to install them, but I did a bunch of other stuff when I had the front fascia off the metal bumper.

1714620949683.png
1714620827605.png

Last edited:
Hello all!
Reporting here the latest quote as of today for the headlamps.
HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY
SAE UP - LEVEL LEFT
HAND(1053570-00-G)

HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY
SAE UP - LEVEL RIGHT
HAND(1053571-00-G)

.66 labor per side @ 141.90

Total... an eye-watering $4,731.80 (tax included in Texas).

A decade ago I sold a BMW M3 because it needed a preventive service that would have cost $4,000.00. I loved that car but to my taste, that was an insane amount of money for a service.

Some years later, I spent about that much in doing a lot of tuning to a 334D that still sits in the front of my house. It runs super strong and I call it the Batmobile.

I adore this Tesla not as much as the Bimmer mind you, that Bimmer has my sweat, blood, and tears, it took me 3 months to tune it. I am also not blind to the fact that pretty much every single headlamp since 2010 is sealed in a way that the only repair possible is to replace it. I recently replaced one in a Toureg for the same idiotic DLR issue.

I also know that the S is a "luxury" vehicle. I've owned such type vehicles for decades now, so I am not unfamiliar with the potential repair and maintenance costs. But why/how (other than because they can so F.You says Tesla) they charge this much on an essential piece... a safety piece at that, that is defective and continues to be defective?

Anyway... report over, rant over.
Looks like the price has gone up, 18 months ago it was 3500. I think Lexus ES is 3500 a piece. The Tesla tech told me it won't last, but so far so good, hopefully it stays that way. Good thing is this is not required here and if mine
burn again, then I am not going to fix it.