Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest 5 Seat Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As usual for some, Tesla can't do anything right...

I don't see what the issue here is... Seriously? What are some of you complaining about?

Jeff
I think the reference is to this photo with what appears to be misaligned seats.

IMG_0464.jpg

I don't want to say this but the quality/alignment and aesthetics are worse than my brothers MDX (even my 2014 MDX that I traded in for the X with 6 seats).

I hope this is an EARLY prototype, perhaps a year old...
I hate to admit it but this does put things into perspective. I amaze myself sometimes at how much I am sold on Tesla despite the fact that so many other vehicles (including Acura?!) have nicer and more luxurious interiors. The Tesla minimalist design is nice too I suppose - I'm not complaining (really!) but they could step it up a bit on the interiors.

I prefer this actual treatment of the shorter center seat depth over the configurator photo, just less of a bump than appearing recessed. The shorter center headrest is sure to improve rear visibility, I wonder if that will make it to the 7 seater, even if it does make me think of a Sontaran in a tuxedo.
IMG_0381.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: MissAutobahn
Agreed, I don't see any issues. The seats look comfy, the leg room looks ample and the "misaligned" seats look intentional to give the center passenger more leg room. And as far as the handle is concerned.... remember "physics first", the longer the handle the more the leverage and the easier it is to use. When I look at it, I am kinda wishing I had ordered a 5 seater rather than a 6 seater, it looks like a much more practical (albeit, less sexy) design.

Reactions: beths11
I like the black seat legs better than what was shown earlier - good choice.

However, what is that port in the back corner of the trunk (driver's side)? You can see it in the video at the following times:
0:50, 1:49, 2:05 and the best picture of it is at 2:17. At first I thought it was a HVAC vent, but it's only on one side. Then I wondered if it was a Bass port, kind of like the "hidden" port on the 6/7 seat model.

I wonder if this trunk configuration is now standard? I'd be curious to see any new 6/7 seat model trunk photos of this area.

Looks like crap to me, sorry. I was just about to order a 5-seater P100D to replace our Sig but will have to wait to see those seats in person.

I am going to be harsh but Tesla has been in this business for a decade. If you still can't make a seat worthy of $150k price tag yourself, outsource it. Having owned 4 Teslas, I will NOT pay $155k for Model X with seats looking like that. I am OK investing that money in TSLA (with a bigger picture in mind) but I will not drive one.

Reactions: Lump and Mjølner
The 5 seater is thousands of dollars less expensive than the 6 or 7 seater.

Those looking for high style should go for the pedestal mounted seats. Those looking for value and utility will choose the flat folding 5 seaters.

One is not better than the other, but just different choices.

People movers will choose the lower volume pedestals. Those wanting more storage space will choose the flat folding.

Everybody wins.

Reactions: beths11
The 5 seater is thousands of dollars less expensive than the 6 or 7 seater.

Those looking for high style should go for the pedestal mounted seats. Those looking for value and utility will choose the flat folding 5 seaters.

One is not better than the other, but just different choices.

People movers will choose the lower volume pedestals. Those wanting more storage space will choose the flat folding.

Everybody wins.

That's a (very) glass half full apprach though. :)

The other way at looking this is everyone looses:

Those wanting utility miss out on decent looks. Exception being of course those who need no more than five seats and like the looks.

Those wanting better looks miss out on utility.

Those that want a lot of utility and to also move a lot of people have no choice still. (Except maybe the Model S.)

At least until, perhaps, rest of those Q3 results statement plural "seat variants" all appear. Folding mono posts? Or will Tesla abandon the posts altogether?

I guess the six seater - the weird little botch job that it is - still serves a middle ground purpose. It remains my personal favourite but not optimal. Sigh.

Last edited:
You all are missing the point. You want a styling 5 seater? Then get the 7-seater and keep row 3 permanently folded. You want a styling 4-seater? Then buy the 6-seater and keep row 3 permanently folded. I have never unfolded my 3rd row since delivery in July. Just saying.....

You all are missing the point. You want a styling 5 seater? Then get the 7-seater and keep row 3 permanently folded. You want a styling 4-seater? Then buy the 6-seater and keep row 3 permanently folded. I have never unfolded my 3rd row since delivery in July. Just saying.....

No. Our point is that we would like a folding second row, but without the aesthetic compromise shown on this version of the 5 seat model.

I have a six seat X now, with the third row folded since delivery. More cargo space would still be useful, since I generally have more cargo than people in my car. But the plastics on the five seat bench are not appealing...

(I'm going to be trading mine in because I want autopilot 2.0; still very undecided about seats. Five seat for additional cargo space when needed, or a prettier car that will handle most of what I need on a regular basis, at least 90% of the time...)

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Looks like crap to me, sorry. I was just about to order a 5-seater P100D to replace our Sig but will have to wait to see those seats in person.

I am going to be harsh but Tesla has been in this business for a decade. If you still can't make a seat worthy of $150k price tag yourself, outsource it. Having owned 4 Teslas, I will NOT pay $155k for Model X with seats looking like that. I am OK investing that money in TSLA (with a bigger picture in mind) but I will not drive one.
I think this is a quick fix solution to clear the current 5 seat back log. Most of those cars were ordered at a lower price point. I expect Tesla with come out with a more sophisticated design and raise the price of the 5 seat version.

In the video, it looks like the bottom, outermost corners of the folding 2SR carpeted backs will bend and stay bent when folding and unfolding the 2SR as a result of too tight fit against the new hidden compartment top plate, am I wrong?