Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like from posts here that people are seeing current versions of their MVPA (same as prepurchase agreement?) online. My prepurchase agreement was signed on August 7th, and I saved the email.
However, I don't see anywhere in "My Garage" to bring up a "current version" of it. Also, there is no mention of an expected delivery date in the agreement. The only time I ever saw that was when I went to Finalize.
I see no delivery date anywhere now. ???

I believe that you are misinterpreting the comments. People are discussing conversations with Tesla representatives.

There is no "current" on-line version of the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA). In my pdf version of the MVPA the estimated delivery date is located beneath the seller's name and address box on the second page of the agreement.

If you request a change in options you will receive a new MVPA and it may have a revised estimated delivery date.

Larry

I believe that you are misinterpreting the comments. People are discussing conversations with Tesla representatives.

There is no "current" on-line version of the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA). In my pdf version of the MVPA the estimated delivery date is located beneath the seller's name and address box on the second page of the agreement.

If you request a change in options you will receive a new MVPA and it may have a revised estimated delivery date.

Larry

Thanks! found it. Under sellers name and address, page 2, just as you said. ;-)
It says 11/2012. Hopefully that date sticks!

Larry

I requested a change in options within the 30 day time period of receiving the build your tesla email. Your position in line doesn't change if you order the car within 30 days of receiving the email. If you go past that period you get bumped down. However when my new MVPA showed expected delivery of Nov-Dec 2012 instead of Nov 2012 (as on the old MVPA) I was told by the advisor at Tesla HQ that it was due to slow down in production and I had not been bumped down. On the other hand when I opened the TM web page today it shows a picture of 2 cars in production with the caption - AMPLIFIED We're ramping up the volume. So, I don't know who to believe!

WhiteKnight, remember I'm not getting the air suspension. Tesla has been clear that the standard suspension won't be put into production till January at the earliest. The fact that my delivery is listed as "Early 2013" is therefore great from where I sit. It doesn't necessarily mean Tesla will miss 5000 cars delivered in 2012.

There we have it. Not getting the air suspension. Again, some are jumping to conclusions because of the delivery dates, and again they are wrong.

I can totally understand if some want to compare delivery dates, but trying to deduce the production volume, before the ramp-up actually happens, is just pointless.

Over on the company forum a user posted that he got his Finalize Your Order email on 8/14. His sequence number is P3030

No news there, Lyon. You'll have to go 10 pages back to see the postings on this thread from 08/14. Our own Agent Mulder has a number higher than that:

Got the "it's time" e-mail: #3112. Now the hard part, decisions!

I believe we saw a number as high as 3283 or something like that.

I requested a change in options within the 30 day time period of receiving the build your tesla email. Your position in line doesn't change if you order the car within 30 days of receiving the email. If you go past that period you get bumped down. However when my new MVPA showed expected delivery of Nov-Dec 2012 instead of Nov 2012 (as on the old MVPA) I was told by the advisor at Tesla HQ that it was due to slow down in production and I had not been bumped down. On the other hand when I opened the TM web page today it shows a picture of 2 cars in production with the caption - AMPLIFIED We're ramping up the volume. So, I don't know who to believe!
What's your sequence #?

At P2840, I have mine as well. I emailed Tesla and asked, given the estimated dates others near my # have been seeing, why they're having me configure 5-6 months ahead of time? The answer was:
You are invited to configure 4 months before your earliest possible delivery. You have 30 days to submit your order without delaying your delivery. This means your order will be submitted to production 3 months before your expected delivery.
I also asked about test drive cars in the stores since I really want to try a base 85kwh model and was told mid to late September (I'm assuming late, everything seems to be running late). Moreover, that the test drive car would most likely be Perf, which doesn't help me. I understand Tesla wants to sell Perfs, but of the Amped Tour cars and the one going to the store, it would have been nice if just one of them had been a base model.

So I'm pretty much stuck either deferring or buying without driving my model of choice. I figured that'd be true for Sigs, but at P2840 I was really expecting to have more opportunity to see/drive the car before locking in.

@Chris...
FWIW, I had a 2nd gen RX7 in the late 80's that (if memory serves) gave me 0-60 in the 6.5 range. I thought that car screamed, let alone the 9000 red line it had. I've gotta think 5.6 seconds with instant torque, will be more than amazing. There just aren't that many cars that get within even 2 seconds of that. Well everyday cars anyway. I think you and I are battling, as AndyM says getting that "kick a**" acceleration. Will we regret not having it - kind of nagging feeling.

Finalized and signed!

60kWh, white, tan, matte obeche, panoramic, air suspension, 19" wheels, tech and audio packages, parcel shelf and HPWC (but no second charger).

R129, estimated November/December 2012 (due to the 60 kWh I'm sure)

:-D :-D :-D

This sounds like an awesome color combo, with the matte too. You have me keeping white in the mix, with this setup. Black, brown, or white... Leaning in that preference order.