Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More of a prank in good humor. (Hoax sounds like some kind of fraud for his own profit, which is not the case.) Over the top claims about the ipad having an HDTV tuner and such. He's a funny guy, and a good guy. Followed him for years.

Video: Prankster Jason Calacanis on His Apple iPad Twitter Hoax - Kara Swisher - News - AllThingsD

Thanks that's good to hear. Tweets frequently don't convey humor very well. :)

Unfortunately, these were assertions that some in the mostly mainstream media took too seriously.

So based on his track record of pranks should we believe his comment about being Special Sig #1 and getting delivery in 10days? :wink:
Just kidding.

Larry

Yeah, but still nada for Canadian Signatures. This is starting to get worrisome,

Indeed, it would help if they would at least get the pricing out, so we know what's what. I hope they do not hold the pricing until right when they start the lock-in's. That would not be cool!

That said, I expect that everyone in the U.S. getting in line ahead of us (again) means that Transport Canada is dragging their feet (again). :mad:

Following up on Robert.Boston's and my concerns that our P 1,6xx may not be delivered this year and that we may have to do some tax tango, I pinged a Tesla ownership experience advocate who replied with this - nothing new or unexpected really:

"As of right now, I believe we have configured the majority (if not all) of the Signature vehicles, and we just began contacting General Production customers to configure. I think that it still may be a few more weeks before you will be contacted to officially configure and submit your build order to us.

As you can imagine, building and delivering amazing cars is a top priority for us. To focus on quality, we are building several cars a week before we ramp up into mass production. In addition to your Model S, we are building cars for our marketing and sales teams, homologation testing, test drive fleet and international fleet distribution. We are currently ramping up very slowly to focus on quality. We are still focused on producing 5,000 cars this year, however, the ramp up in the next few months will be slow as we align with our suppliers and refine our production process to full production by the end of the year. This makes it difficult to give an accurate timeframe for delivery, so we are providing an estimated timeframe of the 4th quarter of this year."

nothing new or unexpected really:
Tesla ownership experience advocate said:
we are building cars for our marketing and sales teams, homologation testing, test drive fleet and international fleet distribution
The bold part is news to me. Unless I'm misunderstanding it, the implication is that international fleet vehicles will be built before Canadian signatures.