Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow hvb, jan/feb on your mvpa? I (P9332) finalized a P85 on Dec 27th but had feb/mar on my agreement. I wonder why the difference.

Anyhow, I don't mind you being ahead of me at all because I'm in the same boat as you -- a re-fi closing at the end of jan. Even Feb is a bit early for me because I'm still working with my HOA and Solar City on getting a 14-50 installed and don't expect that to be done until sometime in feb. (Reminds me that I need to ping Solar City on this.) Still, the wording in the mvpa sounds like we can hold off delivery for 30 days.

After sitting on it for a few months, we finalized this weekend and received an estimated delivery window of Jan/Feb. There's no way we'd get our car next month, right? We can't initiate any financing until our re-fi closes at the end of Jan.

How did you know the estimate delivery window? We finalized two weeks ago, and the only thing showing on the 'My Tesla' webpage is 'Tesla is building your car' without any delivery dates.

Look at your mvpa on page 2 (probably page 3 of the PDF) near the top where it says, "Vehicle to be delivered on or about:".

In that case, the MVPA delivery date estimate is based on your reservation number, and not from current actual production speed. My reservation # is in 2900s, I received the finalize email in September and just finalized two weeks ago. My delivery estimate is shown as 'Nov to Dec 2012', lol.

Update: I noticed there is a red 'Delivery' button in 'My Tesla' page. Clicking this button gives me another delivery estimate of Jan 22th to Feb 6th.

Last edited:
I put my deposit down in the middle of August. #11,182 - 85, grey, panoramic, 19", black leather, obeche gloss, tech, sound, active air, paint armor.

Have to admit that that makes me a bit irritated... I put my deposit in December of 2011 (Canada P244) and still haven't got my reservation email (to even ask me what pack size I want), and where I'm from we are loosing a gov rebate and facing an increased tax on the car if it arrives late... so... I would have thought I would have got my car before someone who registered in August...

I know this has been discussed elsewhere at length.... but this is the first time I really felt that I should chime in about the issue... you know us Canadians... so friendly and not ones to fuss lol.

Last edited:
Yeah that's totally not fair to you guys... It seems a lot more people have just gotten narrowed delivery date ranges. (60kWh's etc.) I used to complain about this weekly, but then I finally got to finalize and I've been told Feb-Mar, so that has calmed me down. :)

Have to admit that that makes me a bit irritated... I put my deposit in December of 2011 (Canada P244) and still haven't got my reservation email (to even ask me what pack size I want), and where I'm from we are loosing a gov rebate and facing an increased tax on the car if it arrives late... so... I would have thought I would have got my car before someone who registered in August...

I know this has been discussed elsewhere at length.... but this is the first time I really felt that I should chime in about the issue... you know us Canadians... so friendly and not ones to fuss lol.

Now I understand. Thank you. So you estimate that 3K are not taking delivery and opted out?

Have a look at the "Reservation Tally" thread. The top post is updated as new res#s are posted, by michiganmodels. His final figure shows both Gross and Net, which attempts to adjust for cancellations, switches, etc. There's about a 4K difference, almost all of which is Production cars. So the 17K Production reservation total likely represents about 13K cars. Of those, we can estimate about 1K have been delivered to date. So the US undelivered total is probably about 12K.

Since the production rate is now about 3K cars/mo, and rising, that suggests that the "wait" time for a new reservation is likely down to about 5 months (making some allowance for the production of European Signatures, etc.)