Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reservation Date: Jan 5, 2013
Reservation #18032

I’m anxiously awaiting my finalize button. Hopefully it will show up this week. Has anybody else received their finalized button in the past couple of days?

P85, Peal White, CF, Pano, Tech, Sound, 21" and Single Charger.

December 29th reservation and I just received my notice today. I'm number 17138 and will need to finalize by Feb 25th. Yours should be just around the corner!

Reservation Date: Jan 5, 2013
Reservation #18032

I’m anxiously awaiting my finalize button. Hopefully it will show up this week. Has anybody else received their finalized button in the past couple of days?

P85, Peal White, CF, Pano, Tech, Sound, 21" and Single Charger.

Same here! I want my finalize button now!! :D My reservation number is 18,278 though so I won't be getting it until after you.
I have my car already finalized and ready to go though...
Performance, 85kW battery, Panoramic sunroof, Tech, Sound, 19", Dual Chargers, Pearl White with multi-coat, and Piano finish...

Not sure if the mult-coat option is worth it though.. I live in the NY area, I do get a lot of snow/rain/hail etc. in the winter months and it gets very hot in the summer but does the multi-coat really help the paint or is it un-necessary?

Hoping to get delivery by May 27th (graduation present! :D) what do you think are the chances of that?
Tesla said ~3-6 months from reservation date (Jan. 16th) and closer to 3 months for the performance version in a recent email I got from them...

P.S. This is my first post on the forms. Feels good to be part of a community of educated consumers.

After much waffling back and forth on exterior color - I finally committed to the multi-coat red. Reservation #14,193 finalized 1/28 (reservation back in November) with an anticipated April/May delivery. I should be getting my pre-MVPA tomorrow. Now so much to do to get ready! :biggrin:

Not sure if the mult-coat option is worth it though.. I live in the NY area, I do get a lot of snow/rain/hail etc. in the winter months and it gets very hot in the summer but does the multi-coat really help the paint or is it un-necessary?

The multi-coat is about appearance. The third layer gives the paint more depth. It doesn't have anything to do with protection, that's what paint armour is for.

Hoping to get delivery by May 27th (graduation present! :D) what do you think are the chances of that?
Tesla said ~3-6 months from reservation date (Jan. 16th) and closer to 3 months for the performance version in a recent email I got from them...
If you are reservation #18,278 I think the chances of you receiving your car by May 27th are... EXCELLENT. I'm guessing that mine (reservation #18,032) will arrive April 15-May 15th, but possibly sooner!

My second reservation on 12/31/2012, Lucky #17,711 invited at 11:22 am PST 1/29/2013, a mere 29(!) days post-reservation. :mad:

I'd cancelled #4,491 - my 8/01/2011 reservation - on Sat. 1/26/2013 and received email confirmation of that yesterday, 1/28/2013.

I'm waiting for the Tesla Model S Leasing Program announcement so I can write-off my business vehicle lease payments, as I do with my 2012 ML 350 Bluetec SUV. (It just takes too long to depreciate a purchased sedan.)

I am annoyed as a future customer by Tesla's actions. IMHO, they are clearly leveraging their price increase to try to force my hand to lock-in my Model S Performance order by Feb. 26th BEFORE they will give me ANY details about their forthcoming leasing program (money factors, residuals, etc.). This is *way* before they need to know my precise configuration to submit orders to their Material Requirements Planning System (MRPS):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Material_requirements_planning

IMHO, Tesla is simply pushing everyone who configured under "old" pricing to sign their MVPA before the end of Q1 to avoid "new" pricing. This makes their $5K non-refundable, which allows Elon to announce during his Q1 conference call:

"We have a backlog of N firm orders for Model S."

As a TSLA investor, that's great. However, as a customer, being leveraged by the $6,600 price increase on S Performance (including CA sales tax) to finalize earlier than necessary for the production schedule before I know the leasing program details, or even if the leasing program will be available when my Model S is ready to be picked-up, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm seriously considering just skipping Model S altogether to get production serial number ~60-70 of the Model X Performance AWD ~June 2014. I expect the Model X will be available at introduction with an optional safety package that includes at minimum: adaptive cruise control, parking sensors, and maybe even blind spot detectors.

I'll email George my concerns directly to see what he says...

Russ

"As you know, we recently announced new pricing for Model S. This is our first price increase since unveiling Model S in 2009 and it is very important that we implement this in a way that recognizes those, like you, who already have a Model S reservation. Therefore, this price increase will not apply to you as long as you finalize your order within four weeks of receiving this "Invitation to Configure".

You do not need to wait four weeks. Your MyTesla configuration page has now been activated to receive your order. We are filling production slots every day based upon orders received. The sooner we receive your order, the sooner your Model S will be headed your way.

If you choose to configure and finalize your order by February 26, 2013, you will receive current Model S pricing. If you prefer not to configure your Model S at this time, no problem, your reservation will remain intact. However, when you configure your car and finalize your order at a future date it will be under the new pricing and options schedule."

Last edited:
It's just a guess, but hopefully a good one since it is based on alot of data from others on this forum that have received delievery window dates from Tesla. The scatterplot half way down on this page is very interesting: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10686-Model-S-Delivery-Dates-and-Sequencing/page162

That's for the shout out. I wondered if anyone noticed the scatterplot. I would agree that for a 85 performance, current production forecasts appear support a car by graduation.

How do you get a production estimate? I want to delay mine as much as possible so probably won't finalize until the last minute...

@Zesty...I don't know if even Tesla would be able to predict that. It does appear that delaying finalization pushes out delivery significantly. I've noticed many posts that seem to confirm that. The big unknowns: 1) Production of Multi-coat Reds (Tesla is stating delivery in Apr/May), 2) Production of 40's (I haven't seen any 40's with delivery dates) and 3) Impact of delayed "finalizations", like yourself.

Last edited:
It's just a guess, but hopefully a good one since it is based on alot of data from others on this forum that have received delievery window dates from Tesla. The scatterplot half way down on this page is very interesting: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10686-Model-S-Delivery-Dates-and-Sequencing/page162

Received finalize button 1/23. I finalized my order tonight 1/29/13. Reservation 16,400 reserved 12/22/12. P85 blue w tan. Delivery window Feb-Mar! Crazy.

My second reservation on 12/31/2012, Lucky #17,711 invited at 11:22 am PST 1/29/2013, a mere 29(!) days post-reservation. :mad:

I'd cancelled #4,491 - my 8/01/2011 reservation - on Sat. 1/26/2013 and received email confirmation of that yesterday, 1/28/2013.

I'm waiting for the Tesla Model S Leasing Program announcement so I can write-off my business vehicle lease payments, as I do with my 2012 ML 350 Bluetec SUV. (It just takes too long to depreciate a purchased sedan.)

I am annoyed as a future customer by Tesla's actions. IMHO, they are clearly leveraging their price increase to try to force my hand to lock-in my Model S Performance order by Feb. 26th BEFORE they will give me ANY details about their forthcoming leasing program (money factors, residuals, etc.). This is *way* before they need to know my precise configuration to submit orders to their Material Requirements Planning System (MRPS):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Material_requirements_planning

IMHO, Tesla is simply pushing everyone who configured under "old" pricing to sign their MVPA before the end of Q1 to avoid "new" pricing. This makes their $5K non-refundable, which allows Elon to announce during his Q1 conference call:

"We have a backlog of N firm orders for Model S."

As a TSLA investor, that's great. However, as a customer, being leveraged by the $7,500 price increase on S Performance to finalize earlier than necessary for the production schedule before I know the leasing program details, or even if the leasing program will be available when my Model S is ready to be picked-up, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm seriously considering just skipping Model S altogether to get production serial number ~60-70 of the Model X Performance AWD ~June 2014. I expect the Model X will be available at introduction with an optional safety package that includes at minimum: adaptive cruise control, parking sensors, and maybe even blind spot detectors.

I'll email George my concerns directly to see what he says...

Russ

I'm in the exact same position. I originally heard they might have leasing Q1 2013. Then when they announced it won't be till summer, I cancelled my earlier reservation and placed an order at 11:00pm 12/31/2012 to lock in old pricing as long as possible. Now I need to configure before knowing the lease rates/residuals and if lease would even be available when my car arrives. Only option is to just wait and accept the $6000 (how do you figure $7500?) price increase for P85 (difference of about $180/month on a 3 year lease).