Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

latest (July) Tesla price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the order page now says it includes the plug in grant where as our order agreement does not.

If you add the grant value onto the new price on the order page it brings the value back up to what my order agreement says.

I’m confused..

They said I didn’t need to ask for it unless changing the details of the order and that the price would be recalculated automatically.

Nice- looks like a saving of about £3k on P+ MSM
I guess the problem comes with us that have a P-... this is non standard (now) and there is no new vehicle with a new price for this exact spec.. so it should be somewhere between the LRAWD and the Performance...

The difference between the P- and P+ was £3,700 if memory serves me correctly, so I would suspect a price reduction in the same line and thus an amended price of around £45,440... but as you can see that then is less than the new price for the LRAWD at £45,490... so thats not feasible...

So given that the prices are:
LRAWD: £45,490
Performance: £49,140
difference: £ 3,650

Let’s say a discount of £2,000 - C’m on Tesla!

However.. has anyone received a P- yet???

For a while now I have been wondering what a logistical and configuration nightmare this must be for Tesla - think future updates etc...

Me thinks they might just downgrade all P- to LRAWD... (or give you the option to upgrade to a full (standard) Performance model...

So the order page now says it includes the plug in grant where as our order agreement does not.

If you add the grant value onto the new price on the order page it brings the value back up to what my order agreement says.

I’m confused..
If you have a early order black LR AWD with FSD, black interior and 18" wheels the new price drop is cancelled out by the black paint cost and FSD uplift. The 'base price' shown on the website is with the £3,500 taken off, so you need to add it back to compare to your order agreement.

If you have a early order black LR AWD with FSD, black interior and 18" wheels the new price drop is cancelled out by the black paint cost and FSD uplift. The 'base price' shown on the website is with the £3,500 taken off, so you need to add it back to compare to your order agreement.

I have a SR+ black interior in midnight Silver so will that now by under the lux tax bracket?

You really couldn’t make this up :D
Hopefully these changes are reflected in the cars that are (also hopefully) on boats at the moment, otherwise I can see there will be a stockpile of black inventory M3s in August and September ;)

Thanks @fakeoriginal

Yes the new prices on the website now include the £3,500 plugin grant..

So that means the comparative P- real-world prices are:
P- : £48,590
SR+ : £36,490

So the P- is £550 cheaper than a Performance and £3,100 more expensive than a LRAWD...

I still maintain they are going to ask us (P- owners) to choose between Performance or LRAWD...

I guess the problem comes with us that have a P-... this is non standard (now) and there is no new vehicle with a new price for this exact spec.. so it should be somewhere between the LRAWD and the Performance...

The difference between the P- and P+ was £3,700 if memory serves me correctly, so I would suspect a price reduction in the same line and thus an amended price of around £45,440... but as you can see that then is less than the new price for the LRAWD at £45,490... so thats not feasible...

So given that the prices are:
difference: £ 3,650

Let’s say a discount of £2,000 - C’m on Tesla!

However.. has anyone received a P- yet???

For a while now I have been wondering what a logistical and configuration nightmare this must be for Tesla - think future updates etc...

Me thinks they might just downgrade all P- to LRAWD... (or give you the option to upgrade to a full (standard) Performance model...
We were in similar position with LR AWD. Based on price before LR AWD disappeared, it was iirc around £1450 extra for P- and £5k to P+PUP (using very round figures here). Previous LR AWD to P+PUP was 10k.

LR AWD orders didn't change so I suspect P- orders might also remain largely the same. Tricky one though as LR AWD and P- there was a cost difference between the two, doesn't look to be much, if any difference between P- and P+PUP. Worth adding that US now get option of 18" wheels on P+PUP. Not sure how that differs from our P-. Maybe the solution is upgrade to P+PUP with either 18" (discounted) or 20" wheels as option? Or as you say, give option of downgrading to LR AWD - rumour has it that there may be a forthcoming paid option to increase LR AWD performance.

I guess there is some positive from the wait for us LR AWD orders. Bit of uncertainty for P- orders though. I'm sure many P- orders will be happy to take a free upgrade to PUP, especially if 18" wheels become an option. Just not sure how the brake calipers will fit.

Reactions: ediflyer
Does anyone know if the car "options" that put the list price above luxury tax bracket would put you into the tax bracket?
Whatcar says:
The law defines the price as the car’s list price, so any discount you are able to negotiate won’t affect the car’s VED band. The list price is the price of the car before the ‘on-the-road’ charges are added, such as a delivery charge, new vehicle registration fee, numberplates and fuel.

Tesla website clearly says ‘includes £850 delivery and registration fee’.

I hope it’s not a coincidence that it falls £10 under 40k.

The prices are all over the place, the PCP price for the LR is £1058 /month and the P+ is £723 !!!

If you click through, it’s for HP actually (for LR)

I had a P- on order in Pearl White at £51,840 (white interior, basic AP)
Just edited my spec to a P+ at the new pricing and it now comes in at £50,940!

A saving of £900 and I get the performance package! Previous cost of P+ in same spec was £55,540, so now a whopping £4600 cheaper (in Pearl White). This is getting ridiculous now, but I'm not complaining about the price reductions. Glad I didn't get a delivery in the first batch now though.

Reactions: Roy W.
Whatcar says:
The law defines the price as the car’s list price, so any discount you are able to negotiate won’t affect the car’s VED band. The list price is the price of the car before the ‘on-the-road’ charges are added, such as a delivery charge, new vehicle registration fee, numberplates and fuel.

Tesla website clearly says ‘includes £850 delivery and registration fee’.

I hope it’s not a coincidence that it falls £10 under 40k.

If you click through, it’s for HP actually (for LR)
That is not correct

"The list price also includes any delivery charges for the vehicle, including any pre-delivery inspection costs (PDI) and VAT."
http://dvla.dft.gov.uk/ved/ved-reform-briefing2.pdf

I confirmed with Tesla this morning this will still include the tax.

I guess the problem comes with us that have a P-...

A bit of a no-brainer to upgrade to P+ at the new price, especially if you like Pearl White (actually £900 cheaper than a P- in white). I didn't particularly want 20" wheels for added road noise and a harsher ride, but I think I'll live with them at this reduced price and the upgraded brakes and Track Mode are nice to have.

Or downgrade to the now cheaper LR AWD if you don't want batshit fast acceleration!